So, I've decided that I want branch out and learn flamenco. Just about all of my experience in playing guitar for the past seven years is playing metal and hard rock. What classical or flamenco guitars would you all recommend? Consider the following:
1. I'm a big fan of Jackson's compound radius necks. If I could find a classical guitar with a similar neck profile, that would be epic.
2. I prefer a scale length of 25.5", but do classical guitars even come in that scale length? I'm an acoustic noob
3. I have a budget of $600.
4. I'm not picky about brands.
5. I don't care if it's strictly acoustic or acoustic-electric.

If I'm missing something else, let me know. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
Last edited by BlackDeath92 at Sep 21, 2015,
Classicals always have flat fretboards - and they're generally tree trunks even compared to big electric necks. Even were that not the case, the difference between classical and electric in every other regard is great enough that something more similar to an electric would almost certainly not be ideal.

Classicals generally come in ~26" or ~25.5" I think - but on electric any influence the scale length has besides string tension is wholly imaginary, and string tension is completely different on a classical regardless.

Bear in mind that flamenco isn't just a different genre, it's a very different style of playing altogether.

I don't have any specific recs, because I don't know the market well, I just feel like maybe you need a bit more knowledge of the fundamentals of a nylon-string guitar before you put money into it.

Hope that's somewhat helpful in the areas I answered
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by BlackDeath92
So, I've decided that I want branch out and learn flamenco. Just about all of my experience in playing guitar for the past seven years is playing metal and hard rock. What classical or flamenco guitars would you all recommend? Consider the following:
1. I'm a big fan of Jackson's compound radius necks. If I could find a classical guitar with a similar neck profile, that would be epic.
2. I prefer a scale length of 25.5", but do classical guitars even come in that scale length? I'm an acoustic noob
3. I have a budget of $600.
4. I'm not picky about brands.
5. I don't care if it's strictly acoustic or acoustic-electric.

If I'm missing something else, let me know. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Get a Yamaha, doesn't matter which one - they rule that price range. A model with a cutaway will probably be more comfortable for you because they are geared towards players like you ( i.e. metal and rock background). You'll never find a classical with a neck like a Jackson - so drop that requirement.

Check out Rodriguo Y Gabriela - they're a metal influenced duo that kills it!

You could also look at "La Patrie" guitars from Godin - they punch way above their weight.
Quote by reverb66

Check out Rodriguo Y Gabriela - they're a metal influenced duo that kills it!

They're partially the reason that I'm looking for a flamenco guitar! I listened to their self-titled album and immediately felt inspired!
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Classicals always have flat fretboards - and they're generally tree trunks even compared to big electric necks. Even were that not the case, the difference between classical and electric in every other regard is great enough that something more similar to an electric would almost certainly not be ideal.

Classicals generally come in ~26" or ~25.5" I think - but on electric any influence the scale length has besides string tension is wholly imaginary, and string tension is completely different on a classical regardless.

Bear in mind that flamenco isn't just a different genre, it's a very different style of playing altogether.

I don't have any specific recs, because I don't know the market well, I just feel like maybe you need a bit more knowledge of the fundamentals of a nylon-string guitar before you put money into it.

Hope that's somewhat helpful in the areas I answered

The information is very helpful and I do appreciate the input. The whole purpose of this endeavor is simply because I want to expand my abilities. I think it would be awesome to learn something fundamentally different from what I'm used to (ie palm muted chugs, sweep picking, power chords, etc). I figure the only way to get started is with a nylon-string guitar, seeing as how my Jackson RR3 loaded with SD Blackouts doesn't achieve the sound or complement the techniques I want to learn.
Yamaha NTX. They do 3 models: 700, 900, 1200. Spec improves as you go up, as does the price. Nice guitars - slim, fast necks, good electronics.
Look at the Cordoba Fusion series, they were made for people just like you. Look on their website but they designed these for people used to steel string guitars to move over to nylon strings. Or you can just look on Sweetwater's website for the Cordoba Fusion 12 and read the description and feedback.
Classical guitar is great for improving your understanding of the instrument. It also helps you train your hands to play with a much wider neck. (which can be a pain in the ass if you life using your thumb on the fretboard.)
There are a number of the so-called "hybrid" instruments with narrower fretboards, sometimes radiused necks, and on-board electronics.
Yamaha, Cordoba....Both make reasonably-priced models.

Godin is likely the best-of-class, with the Encore nylon going for 7-800 on the street. Other models are more...

I seriously want one, but not for contemporary-Latin playing; I want it for fingerstyle jazz.

A lot of people throw around the term Flamenco when they are actually referring to contemporary Latin music...Flamenco is very traditional and is primarily meant to accompany dancers.
Hi, If you are seriously going to pursue flamenco I would recommend you take a good
look at the Cordoba F7 or the Cordoba Flamenco F7 Paco. The F7 is a blanca and the
F7 Paco is a negra. Both are excellent built with the true flamenco low action and sound.
The F7 Blanca is 499.00 and the negra 599.00 Much better guitars than the Yamaha.
Take a look at the Cordoba Site where you can see the guitars and hear the sound samples
on the Flamenco models. You won't be sorry. Regards
Norman H. Storer
Cordoba F7
Cordoba C7