So I'm US military living in the UK, and where I live has both the US standard outlets that output 110 volts and the British 220 volts. A few hours ago I went to a place that only had UK plugs, so I bought an adapter that lets me plug in my US surge protector into the UK plugs, and now my Vox Valvetronix VT40+ and my Digitech RP250 won't turn on.

I assumed they would be dual voltage where they can handle the UK power, as both devices are available in the UK, or are they made differently in the UK where they can handle the power? Are the individual devices screwed, or are just the power cables for both screwed?

I have a lot saved up for these times of "emergencies" so I can get replacement gear, but if I can just buy new cables will I be fine?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Check your surge protector, since it's a 110 surge protector and you plugged it into 220 it's likely borked.

If it doesn't say dual voltage on the unit near the AC plug or on the AC adapter, it's not.

But the REAL problem here is that you have crappy gear...

Think of this as nature's way of telling you to upgrade!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I have a Voodoo pedal power supply, and the RP250 powers on (for a few seconds, but that's because it doesn't work on the 250) so it looks like I fucked up the power supply, so a new power supply seems fine. On the Vox amp, the fuse is blown. So hopefully just buying a new fuse fixes that problem, but I'll find out with only £2 wasted rather than buy a brand new amp if that'll fix the problem.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
If you get away with only a fuse and a wall wart, consider it a very cheap lesson.

Good luck!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Ah the good old rp250. I liked mine. Used it for a long time. Only problems I had with it was the buttons wearing out, and sand/fine gravel getting in them and jamming it up a bit.