i know the default answer is going to be to try it, and i have messed around with it for a little bit.

here is my board, going into a clean amp.

option 1:

fulltone clyde > voodoo lab proctavia > zendrive > OCD > malekko wolftone fetish > voodoo lab microvibe > malekko 616 delay.

or should i try...

option 2:

fulltone clyde > voodoo lab proctavia > malekko wolftone fetish > zendrive > OCD > voodoo lab microvibe > malekko 616 delay.

does it make more sense to get the more raw pedals first? or the more raw last?

the wolftone fetish is nasty, i am not sure if it should go before or after the other OD's. i am sick of plugging and unplugging.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If you want a wild ride, put the dirt on the frontside.

If you want control, it would seem that nasty goes lasty.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
If you want a wild ride, put the dirt on the frontside.

If you want control, it would seem that nasty goes lasty.

Nice poem.

I think I like where it is now. Proctavia before, zendrive and ocd after.

I want to get this worked out because I am going to build a board for this layout. I want to get it as set in stone as i can.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Mmm...I bet that sounds like a werewolf coming out of your amp.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Nice pedals to be running together, dayum.

I might throw a spanner in and say Fuzz first, even before the wah, can get nasty. The good kind of nasty. Then overdrive after wah and finally distortion (if you want to push the front end of the distortion).

I don't think there is a set rule, personal taste really. A lighter OD after a heavier OD/distortion can help boost and sculpt the EQ a bit more. I run a Blues Driver set up dirty into a Tubescreamer set as a clean boost and it sounds much smoother that way.
For me, I would tend to put them almost increasing the gain as you go (So similar to what everyone else has been saying) Then maybe throwing one crazy pedal at the front of it all for more flexibility and madness
Quote by jaybals
Nice pedals to be running together, dayum.

I might throw a spanner in and say Fuzz first, even before the wah, can get nasty. The good kind of nasty. Then overdrive after wah and finally distortion (if you want to push the front end of the distortion).

I don't think there is a set rule, personal taste really. A lighter OD after a heavier OD/distortion can help boost and sculpt the EQ a bit more. I run a Blues Driver set up dirty into a Tubescreamer set as a clean boost and it sounds much smoother that way.

thanks!

i don't like the wah after the proctavia... so wah > proctavia

i don't like the fetish before the wah, but i am open to messing around with it more.

i think its going to be wah > proctavia > fetish >...
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Powersurge213
For me, I would tend to put them almost increasing the gain as you go (So similar to what everyone else has been saying) Then maybe throwing one crazy pedal at the front of it all for more flexibility and madness

i do the same thing stacking od's generally, but this board is a little different for me. its kind of a hendrix type rig, but it will be used for blues/blues rock more than hendrix. it will be just a little more grainy and fuzzier mutation, basically blues hendrix influenced.

i am so fucking tired right now, hopefully that is coherent. lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Powersurge213
Oh cool! In that case maybe put the octave fuzz before the Wah then?

i could try it again, i think i liked it better with the wah > proctavia better, but i have changed things so many times i am going silly. haha.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
some (not all) fuzzes and wahs don't like not to be first in the chain, so first thing you'd want to determine is if yours care about that or not.

after that I'd generally run od into distortion because i like having the option of boosting a distortion pedal.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
my rule of thumb is low gain to high gaon. but really it's a matter of opinion.
mojostompboxes.com