Hey guys. So a few weeks ago I bought a Washburn explorer for 100 bucks from some guy on Craigslist. After doing some research I'm pretty sure it's a Washburn hm-20vk. After dating the guitar and being pretty skeptical of the date I emailed Washburn about it and also sent them a picture of the signature on the back of the guitar. (It was there when I bought it and I can't read it). Washburn smiled me back today saying that the numbers are correct. It's the 4th one of that model they ever made and the signature is Rudy schlacher's. The former ceo of Washburn. So my question is, how on earth do I find a value on this guitar? I am just not sure. And Washburn said they don't know either
£10.

Wasn't a serious offer, but googling the model number brings this thread up on page 1, so I can see why you're having trouble.
Quote by Lgarretto at #33607221
Not looking to sell it, but out of curiosity what is a tenner?

A Darwin
Two fivers
A tenth of a ton
Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33607232
£10.

You ruined it
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
A Darwin
Two fivers
A tenth of a ton

You ruined it

That's what my last girlfriends said too.
Yeah. I didn't have any trouble with what it is. Just curious what it's worth with it being serial number 4 with the previous washburn ceo signature on it. It belonged to him is what Washburn told me.

And yeah. That's why I didn't get it. I've never seen any of yalls money in person haha. Fivers and tenners huh? Do yall have names for all the denominations you use? We don't have any specific names. Not that I've ever heard anyway
Quote by Lgarretto
Yeah. I didn't have any trouble with what it is. Just curious what it's worth with it being serial number 4 with the previous washburn ceo signature on it. It belonged to him is what Washburn told me.

And yeah. That's why I didn't get it. I've never seen any of yalls money in person haha. Fivers and tenners huh? Do yall have names for all the denominations you use? We don't have any specific names. Not that I've ever heard anyway

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slang_terms_for_money#United_Kingdom

FWIW, in Scotland, the 'inconvenient pocketful of loose change' is more often referred to as 'smash' than 'shrapnel'.
Last edited by slapsymcdougal at Sep 22, 2015,
Huh. I've never even heard several of the ones for over here. Most of the people here just say "bucks". Or don't say anything. Just the number.
Don't get me wrong, I ain't poking fun at yall or nothing. But I do find it interesting. The oddies between different areas anyway. When I took a trip to Australia our tour guide wanted us to say "yall" for him haha
Quote by Lgarretto

The previous CEO of a non-major and not too popular guitar company isn't a celebrity and his signature really isn't worth anything...in fact, you would likely have a lot of trouble selling this guitar if you ever wanted to because most people wouldn't want some random corporate guy's signature scrawled into their guitar.

The guitar itself is probably worth around $175-200 in good condition based on the 5 mins of research I did, so $100 is still a nice price if it's in decent shape and plays well.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Last edited by CustomAxe at Sep 25, 2015,
its hard to give washburns away. i know, i have owned 5 or 6. and i had to practically give them away.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
its hard to give washburns away. i know, i have owned 5 or 6. and i had to practically give them away.

And I'm willing to bet yours didn't include an ex-ceo's sig, haha...
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Quote by CustomAxe
And I'm willing to bet yours didn't include an ex-ceo's sig, haha...

haha, no. i had three nice dime models (early 2000's) two 333's and the one i have now (i don't remember what it is, lol), and the 333's sold well, actually made some money off of them... but the idols didn't, nor the X50pro, nor the wg587 nor wg248, etc. guitar center (at least then) didn't even TAKE washburns in. samash offered like $50-$75 on them, $120 on one. i tried to list them months after that, FINALLY i got them sold.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
the only Washburns of any decent value are ancient parlors built in the late 1800's under the Lyon & Healy name.

try the pawn book.