Poll: Do you approve of nuclear power?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you approve of nuclear power?
Yes nuclear is a great way of producing energy
45 94%
No I am an uneducated hippy
3 6%
Voters: 48.
Page 1 of 3
Nuclear is the way to go. We just need to figure out what to do with the waste.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
People against nuclear energy fall somewhere between flat-Earthers and 9/11 conspiracy theorists on the spectrum.

Also, nuclear fusion is likely to be ready for civilian applications within the next two decades, and that's really exciting.
Quote by Rossenrot
People against nuclear energy fall somewhere between flat-Earthers and 9/11 conspiracy theorists on the spectrum.

Also, nuclear fusion is likely to be ready for civilian applications within the next two decades, and that's really exciting.

Fusion has been 20 years away since the 50s

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Most_Triumphant

If the earth were entirely powered by Nuclear, and you put all the resulting waste in a pit 1km square and 500m deep, you would run out of space in several hundred years.

There are tens of thousands of geologically stable areas that would work just fine.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Most_Triumphant

Lots of empty space in the Middle East!
Honestly I thought this was gonna be about if you pronounce it "new-queue-ler" or "new-clear"

Now I am disappoint. Thanks UG.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Honestly I thought this was gonna be about if you pronounce it "new-queue-ler" or "new-clear"

Atomic
Charles Darwin
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Protip: pronouncing it "newk-yoo-ler" should be grounds for immediate Chinese burn on first offense.
Can someone show me or tell me what nuclear waste is? I have no idea whatsoever what it is or how to deal with it, is it like nuclear gunk you just bury or some shit? I keep thinking some glowing green goo
pinga
It's called depleted uranium and it looks like this

You can bury it or use it as tank shells

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
No cuz The Hills Have Eyes
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by EndTheRapture51
It's called depleted uranium and it looks like this

You can bury it or use it as tank shells

Wrong, DU isn't the same as nuclear waste, it's a byproduct of the enrichment process and is only very marginally radioactive. (slightly more than half of the radioactivity of naturally occurring uranium) It's often used as medical radiation shielding and of course in munitions, hence not 'waste'.

Nuclear waste is an entirely different thing, and there are several forms, few of them of any significant danger.

http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/Nuclear-Fuel-Cycle/Nuclear-Wastes/Radioactive-Waste-Management/
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Sep 22, 2015,
Y E L L O W C A K E
E
L
L
O
W
C
A
K
E

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Y E L L O W C A K E
E
L
L
O
W
C
A
K
E

Charles Darwin
Quote by TobusRex
Lots of empty space in the Middle East!

Depleted uranium rounds.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by soundgarden1986
Im nuuuuuucleaaaaaar

he's coming too?

huh

I don't know anything about it, but smart people say it's safe and hippies say it's evil so I support it
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I don't know anything about it, but smart people say it's safe and hippies say it's evil so I support it

This is how to be an expert citizen.
i'm more interested in solar and wind
but if there were no sun and no wind, nuclear would obviously be the best solution
as for pronunciation, both should be considered acceptable. i mean honestly if you talk down to people who say "nucular" than you're a huge prick

anyway hopefully we can get this whole power situation figured out soon. i mean omd anyone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EStfIEh5AqE

but if we really want to slow climate change you fuckers are gonna need to cut back on the meat ean out
Quote by Eastwinn
i'm more interested in solar and wind
but if there were no sun and no wind, nuclear would obviously be the best solution
as for pronunciation, both should be considered acceptable. i mean honestly if you talk down to people who say "nucular" than you're a huge prick

solar and wind is v boring

nothing like dangerous materials that give u cancer

the wind is dull

I hope to live in a nuclear powered world

Actually, not when we could stick a giant solar panel array in the middle of Australia and power the entire world, because that theoretically could actually be a thing.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96

Actually, not when we could stick a giant solar panel array in the middle of Australia and power the entire world, because that theoretically could actually be a thing.

Great, let's bank on a single source for all the power.

What could go wrong?
Quote by Pastafarian96

Good idea except if Ohm's Law didn't exist duh

Quote by Pastafarian96

Actually, not when we could stick a giant solar panel array in the middle of Australia and power the entire world, because that
theoretically could actually be a thing.

also, could, not would
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Yeah nuclear is pretty great.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo