Hey everyone,

I live in the Raleigh, NC area and I've been looking for some good meetups where I can get together and learn to play my favorite songs, but there are very few groups out there focused on learning to play instruments and those tend to be limited to guitar and are more jazz, folk, and country oriented. I'm considering starting my own group for people interested in playing indie rock on guitar and/or drums through meetup.com, but I thought it might be interesting to test the waters in ultimate-guitar.com's forums, since it's kind of already a community of people learning to play guitar and drums.

Full disclosure - I am an (older) anthropology student at NC State interested in how people learn to play instruments, but that is secondary to my greater interest in learning to actually play instruments myself. However, this does mean that I may ask you about your experience learning new instruments - but I'm laid back and won't be intrusive, I just hope for casual conversation about the subject.

That being said, I would like to extend an invitation to anyone living in the Raleigh, NC area who, like me, really wants to learn to play guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, etc. to get together sometime. I have a drum kit and guitar, as well as Rocksmith and a Tab Pro subscription as material to kick things off. All experience levels would be welcome, but if you're awesome and don't have any patience explaining how to play basic chords to people (me, for example), it's probably going to suck for you. Otherwise, it could be really fun to learn from each other, hang out, eat snacks, play songs (through rocksmith and tab pro) and generally talk music.

Thanks,
Brandon

P.S. My username is contact39, which is super generic and I would like to know how to change it to something better -Thanks