I was wondering if anyone has found any good youtube's or books that you found particularly helpful in learning fingerpicking?
Quote by Sunfist
I was wondering if anyone has found any good youtube's or books that you found particularly helpful in learning fingerpicking?

Try this one out- Justin has a lot of great lessons, IMO, for beginner/intermediate players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LrpWAnpU8I
Quote by Sunfist

Yes, but can't recommend them for new ones keep coming out. I just messed with a ton of things and found a few good books. Do searches on Youtube using this "Fingerpicking lessons" and just try different things. There is one there it's parts 1 - 4 that will give you some of the more common patterns. There is one of a woman with a really nice rack...well she does have a nice rack . The list goes on and on.

Books, I can't say any really stand out, I based my choice on many things and it suits my needs. Just look on Amazon and review what they have to say.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
You are a hell of a patient lots. Whenever I look up youtubes for lessons, I fast forward the video to the part I want to learn instead of listening to the tutor explaining. I have a serious 'Just shut your mouth and show me, idiot' mentality. lol
Amateur guitarist straight from the oven !

Quote by Stuck_nomore
You are a hell of a patient lots. Whenever I look up youtubes for lessons, I fast forward the video to the part I want to learn instead of listening to the tutor explaining. I have a serious 'Just shut your mouth and show me, idiot' mentality. lol

I hear you on this. There are times where they get so chatty, and others where they make (mostly verbal) errors over and over again. I once watched a review where the person giving it, I would bet to say over 90% of what he said was UMMMM...UMMMM...It drove me nuts!
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Quote by Sunfist

Learn basic classical guitar arpeggio and scale playing technique - that's the right way to start. Don't start with travis picking or any other acoustic finger-style method that isn't methodical - get to those later.

I'm assuming you want to be a great player - however, if all you want to do is play Dust in the Wind, then any video or approach will do.