Page 1 of 2
my wisdom tooth is starting to come out and its being a bitch. the other one popped out with no pain or anything, its just the one.

does anyone know how much it costs to remove one w no insurance? i dont want to go to a dentist bc im not down to pay 100 bucks just for them to be like "yeah you need to extract it" (consultation) and then another million to actually extract the thing. if its in the several hundreds i think ill just put up with it cause im not made of money
pinga
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Last edited by Seth Shadows at Aug 22, 2016,
two of my wisdom teeth came in pretty damn crooked a month or two ago and have started really hurting my mouth.
i've got a dentist appointment to get everything checked out (and don't have dental insurance afaik) but it's not until the end of october, and i doubt you want to wait that long for an answer lol.
between $100 and $400 if it's not impacted

All mine were impacted and it was about $2000
cat
*Assuming things are the same as they were a year ago...

Welcome to land of the poor and idealists, you business fuckwad. Hope it kills you :>
cost me 2k to get like 6 teeth out including wisdom

and that was after partial insurance coverage

:^)
ggg1 ggg3

fuck i wish my parents still paid for this kind of shit.

i think some places offer payment plans if you cant afford to pay all at once. im poor trash so i will probably be paying it back for the rest of my life if i go that route.
i really hope its $100-150 tops

god why does everything medical have to be so goddamn expensive. i was legitimately contemplating doing it myself the way i used to pull my teeth out with a floss but im an adult now and my teeth arent as easy to extract
pinga
Do it yourself and watch the amount intense amount of pain you'll give yourself not to mention the high risk of you bleeding to death.

There's not much you can do unless you either have money or health insurance.
I've always had health insurance but ive never had anything that covered dental stuff
cat
My teeth haven't bothered me at all yet
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by guitarxo
I've always had health insurance but ive never had anything that covered dental stuff

In the US they keep it separate. You get health and/or dental. I think though under certain circumstances your health insurance can cover some dental work.
I've got the same problem too. My teeth are rotting and I don't have insurance and I barely making ends meet as it is. And it sucks because my smile is pretty much all I have going for me....
Quote by metaldud536
Do it yourself and watch the amount intense amount of pain you'll give yourself not to mention the high risk of you bleeding to death.

There's not much you can do unless you either have money or health insurance.

its a tooth not a bullet wound bruh

i am not educated on the human body and how it works
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
i really hope its $100-150 tops

god why does everything medical have to be so goddamn expensive. i was legitimately contemplating doing it myself the way i used to pull my teeth out with a floss but im an adult now and my teeth arent as easy to extract

DO NOT do it yourself. That could be potentially life threatening
If he wants to rip out his own tooth, I believe in him
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I paid $150 each, no insurance. My dentist was able to pull mine no problem though since they weren't impacted. Don't try to do it yourself. He had to put one knee on my chest and pull pretty damn hard to get one of them out.
2009 Ibanez RG3EXFM1
2003 Ibanez RG220B
Line 6 Spider III 75
Quote by metaldud536
In the US they keep it separate. You get health and/or dental. I think though under certain circumstances your health insurance can cover some dental work.

Yeah it is separate in a lot of countries. I never had dental though because my dad figured that getting a regular checkup done every 6 months and allowing for 2 fillings a year was cheaper than insurance. My health insurance was actually supposed to cover my extraction but then they said it was an optional procedure so yeah
cat
Quote by Cb4rabid
my wisdom tooth is starting to come out and its being a bitch. the other one popped out with no pain or anything, its just the one.

does anyone know how much it costs to remove one w no insurance? i dont want to go to a dentist bc im not down to pay 100 bucks just for them to be like "yeah you need to extract it" (consultation) and then another million to actually extract the thing. if its in the several hundreds i think ill just put up with it cause im not made of money

To have the wisdom tooth cut out of my jaw hinge cost $750 with dental insurance. This was 15 years ago. So I'm so glad I bought that insurance all those years it paid off big time. I can't say enough good about dentists and the insurance companies.

If there's ever anything for you get more than what you paid for its dentists and insurance companies.

Dentists and insurance companies exist because they want to earn a living helping people. They specifically do not want to make lots of money.

Quote by yope
To have the wisdom tooth cut out of my jaw hinge cost $750 with dental insurance

jfc at this rate it would actually be cheaper for me to buy a plane ticket to Honduras and have a doctor do it for me there
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIvsVxu1uvs

this guy pulls out his own tooth with some vise grips. he didn't look like he was bleeding to death either im just saying its possible

Do. Not. Do. It.

If it's impacted you could severely deform the insides of your mouth, cause permanent nerve damage, and bleed to death while passed out from the pain alone. Just call around and ask for prices from the dentists oral surgeons in your area. They provide that type of information to people on a daily basis.

All of my wisdom teeth were impacted with gnarled roots (like fishing hooks), so all of them were sawed into halves and then removed piece by piece afterwards. It was several hundred dollars after insurance.

Edit: Oral surgeons, not dentists.
SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Last edited by Zaphikh at Sep 24, 2015,
Don't do it yourself you fuckwit.

Mine cost $600 for all 4 w/o insurance. That was the cheapest I could get it done, with some surgeons quoting over $1000. I actually had dental insurance, but it didn't cover wisdom teeth because why the fuck would dental insurance cover a dental procedure?

Don't let them stay for too long as they can cause your other teeth to shift. They'll also fuck with your molars and can cause cavities and other shit back there because they'll trap food in between the teeth. Call around to a few oral surgeons and get rates.
i dont have the balls to do it myself guys chill out that shit looks mad painful

im calling a few of the oral surgeons in my area tomorrow morning. im hoping since its just one tooth and its not impacted it will be cheap
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
i dont have the balls to do it myself guys chill out that shit looks mad painful

i can't believe that was even a discussion. like people were seriously concerned
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
i can't believe that was even a discussion. like people were seriously concerned

You never know with Cb4

unless its him deciding whether to be on red team or blue team
Quote by TheChaz
Don't let them stay for too long as they can cause your other teeth to shift.

This so much. My upper left molar shifted a little, but just enough to cause food to easily enter between it and an adjacent teeth.

It's such a pain in the butt. Sometimes I think about getting braces to correct it.
1) get really drink and/or high
2) hit on some buff dude's girlfriend

problem solved

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
All my wisdom teeth were removed free of charge. Join the Army. See the world, kill people, get your teeth fixed.
paid $50 for the consultation today

had an xray done and turns out my tooth is huge and theres no space for it, hence the pain

got quoted $650 to extract it, but talked them down to $400

still not doing it. im gonna give it some time and hopefully it comes out and lives happily ever after in my mouth, otherwise i will invest in a bottle of whiskey and some tooth extractors from amazon
pinga
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Quote by Fat Lard
You never know with Cb4

unless its him deciding whether to be on red team or blue team

itd be fitting the guy who always picks red would bleed out after trying to rip out his wisdom teeth tbh
Quote by Cb4rabid

had an xray done and turns out my tooth is huge and theres no space for it, hence the pain

still not doing it. im gonna give it some time and hopefully it comes out and lives happily ever after in my mouth, otherwise i will invest in a bottle of whiskey and some tooth extractors from amazon

if you don't have one, make a will first please.

also, haggling with medical professionals seems like a dubious thing to do but maybe that's just privilege talking.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Zaphikh at #33609210
Do. Not. Do. It.

If it's impacted you could severely deform the insides of your mouth, cause permanent nerve damage, and bleed to death while passed out from the pain alone. Just call around and ask for prices from the dentists oral surgeons in your area. They provide that type of information to people on a daily basis.

All of my wisdom teeth were impacted with gnarled roots (like fishing hooks), so all of them were sawed into halves and then removed piece by piece afterwards. It was several hundred dollars after insurance.

Edit: Oral surgeons, not dentists.

I guess the whole tying your tooth to a doorknob thing is not the best advice either.
Quote by Cb4rabid

I don't want to scare you but:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=118050&page=1
I think I paid 550-600 CAD for mine. But my teeth were impacted like a motherfucker.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
I guess the whole tying your tooth to a doorknob thing is not the best advice either.

There's a big difference between incisors and wisdom teeth. Root systems and surface area.
Page 1 of 2