[In the Voice of the ‘Frontline’ / Dos Equis Narrator]

Thousands attend his performances. But only one in 1000 is there to see him.

If there is a lead singer in the band, he is the 5 loudest thing in the room, behind the audience.

His fans approach him with excitement to ask him about his rig set up, and they will all be men.

He is the least interesting man in the world.

He is the Bassist.

Well, really, a strange thing happened after the last gig…two women approached me and commented about how they loved the tone of the bass.

There was one guy as well, so two women, one man, we are making progress.
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
Yo, fellow bass player, not sure how you look when you're on stage but if you're having fun with the guitarist(s) I think you'll find that just as many people who talk to him will talk to you.

Granted, most of it will be about not-bass, but that's fine right?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Our bassist got the first groupie.... I was ashamed as a guitarist and lead singer.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Haha, we never had a bassist, so as the rhythm guitarist, I became the least interesting by default.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Fucking amateur hour bullshit tbh.

I don't need any accessories to be the least interesting man in the world.
I played bad bass solos so tin-eared rhythmless people talked to me a lot.

However I have always had a good ability to set a mood with my playing, mostly happy.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
bass players are generally the wacky ones in the group though so they get all the weird groupies.

I would've thought rhythm guitarist get the "least interesting" title, being seen as the "backup" guy or "deputy" or "understudy" ect, etc by the layman. like how if you watch an orchestra play, no one gives a crap about what 2nd or 3rd chairs are doing really. I've had a few times where I'd not really notice some super stunning person performing until half way through the show because they were 2nd chair (and srsly there are always some cuties in 2nd and 3rd chair because they are usually less experienced and younger)

back to guitar based bands, the bass player is a unique person on their own so they stand out slightly. especially if they are doing more than just following along with the bass drum with some basic line. I saw btbam the other day and I cannot recall paying attention to the rhythm guy at all but I was impressed by the bassist.

what's funny though is when you get a band where it's they rhythm guitarist who has done most of the writing and is the bigger deal if you want to fawn over someone, but everyone pays attention to the lead. kinda like the nerdy kid in the group doing all the work but the big extrovert doing the presentation and getting the applause.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
bass players are generally the wacky ones in the group though so they get all the weird groupies.

I would've thought rhythm guitarist get the "least interesting" title, being seen as the "backup" guy or "deputy" or "understudy" ect, etc by the layman. like how if you watch an orchestra play, no one gives a crap about what 2nd or 3rd chairs are doing really. I've had a few times where I'd not really notice some super stunning person performing until half way through the show because they were 2nd chair (and srsly there are always some cuties in 2nd and 3rd chair because they are usually less experienced and younger)

back to guitar based bands, the bass player is a unique person on their own so they stand out slightly. especially if they are doing more than just following along with the bass drum with some basic line. I saw btbam the other day and I cannot recall paying attention to the rhythm guy at all but I was impressed by the bassist.

what's funny though is when you get a band where it's they rhythm guitarist who has done most of the writing and is the bigger deal if you want to fawn over someone, but everyone pays attention to the lead. kinda like the nerdy kid in the group doing all the work but the big extrovert doing the presentation and getting the applause.

Up yours, Glenn Fricker.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
This is such a 2008 Pit thread

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
This is such a 2008 Pit thread

yeah remember when we constantly discussed instruments all the time

now most don't play instruments here and those that do, only talk about it all super serious in the other subforums.

Quote by Guitar0player
Up yours, Glenn Fricker.

I don't get this and google doesn't really know either.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
The guy that rants on about how dumb bass players are and that they are basically guitar players that didn't have what it takes ETC.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by theguitarist
yeah remember when we constantly discussed instruments all the time

now most don't play instruments here and those that do, only talk about it all super serious in the other subforums.

I recently bought an audio interface specifically so I can start playing again.
Quote by Guitar0player
The guy that rants on about how dumb bass players are and that they are basically guitar players that didn't have what it takes ETC.

Maybe that's what all the bass players who are in bands who use his studio in Bumfuck, Canada or wherever it is are like.
I'm a bass player, and i can tell you that if noone notices you, that just means youre a shitty fucking bass player
Seriously, girls don't even notice what instrument youre playing, they just notice how energetic and muscular you are. So move around more and hit the fucking gym and more girls will start approaching you.
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Quote by Eastwinn
xiaoxi

Sorry I can't live life on the edge by not using my turn signal

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Irondevil
I'm a bass player, and i can tell you that if noone notices you, that just means youre a shitty fucking bass player
Seriously, girls don't even notice what instrument youre playing, they just notice how energetic and muscular you are. So move around more and hit the fucking gym and more girls will start approaching you.

If I can do this with an accordion, a bass player should be able to as well.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Great responses folks.

I enjoyed them all, even the ones who thought that this was serious.

I am in a town where the people are just non-responsive generally. Even Steel Panther and Judas Priest could not get the people to applaud for them last November.

This was just a little joke skit I had been rolling around in my head.

Being over 50 I jump around A LOT.

Guitarists at open mic generally stand in awe of my work.

Just need to get to San Antonio more often, where there are good looking uninhibited women, like the last one that was hanging on me. Some nice back end on that deal, and was not shy about being the focal point of lurid dancing with other females. Wild town.
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Morely A/B
Fuck you dude.
Seriously, Fuck. You.
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Quote by Sliide90027
Just need to get to San Antonio more often, where there are good looking uninhibited women, like the last one that was hanging on me. Some nice back end on that deal, and was not shy about being the focal point of lurid dancing with other females. Wild town.

If you're planning on hanging around Texas you should set up somewhere near Austin mate. Great crowds here if you're decent. Sometimes even if you're not!
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Would be in Austin if they paid,
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Morely A/B