Hey guys, has anyone sold their guitars to guitar center before? Im trying to sell my epiphone les paul nd fender jaguar, and i was hoping someone has and could give me a rough estimate on what id get for them

the epiphone is in pretty good condition other than a couple frets that have slight dents in them from beig dropped. comes with a case

the fender jag has a dent on the face behind the bridge from being hit by a falling chair (effing drunk people) but is otherwise in perfect condition.

any estimates on what theyd give me for them? ive had them on craigslist for a while with no bites. im trying to get rid of them soon, im about to buy a new car
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by rtfk101

any estimates on what theyd give me for them? ive had them on craigslist for a while with no bites. im trying to get rid of them soon, im about to buy a new car

If you've had no bites on Craigslist, then you should expect that Guitar Center is going to give you well under half whatever you're asking on CL. It would be far smarter to simply drop the price on CL until someone calls and try to lowball you. You'll still get more money for your gear.
I've found that if you have a buddy there, you can potentially do as good as about 60% of what they'll sell it for. Worst cast, you might get a third. I'm with Dspellman, lower your price. You'll almost certainly come out on top unless you have it for a stupid price.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
As stated above, their MO seems to be to buy on a trade-in for about 1/2 of what they will sell it for themselves used (note-not what you can find it listed for on ebay/CL/etc, but what they are selling it for), they'll even pull it up on their website to show you if they already have used models of what you are selling in the system. If you are trading in towards something else, I have had them throw on an extra 15% off my purchase item to sort of try to add onto the trade value (even though it was not a current promo at the time I traded). If you are just looking to sell outright, then as dspellman said, try dropping your price a bit and you'll still make out much better.
ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Vulture-Satin Black
ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Snakebyte-Snow White
ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Iron Cross-Snow White
Jackson Pro Series Soloist SL2Q Trans Root Beer Quilt
Jackson SLATXMQ Soloist3-6-Trans Red Quilt
Jackson Pro Series Dinky DK2QM-Chlorine Burst
Jackson Pro Series Monarkh SC-Trans Purple Quilt
Ibanez Iron Label ARZIR20
Schecter Hellraiser C-1-Black Cherry Burst
Ibanez RG-770-Laser Blue
Jackson Kelly-Trans Green Flame
Line 6 Helix LT
Guitar Center is a good option if the new guitar you want to buy is available there, because then you can take advantage of the 10-15% discount with a trade-in. I did that once because the guitar I wanted was very expensive, so a 10-15% discount off of it was something like $250 which made up the difference between what I should've gotten for my trade-in and what I actually got.

The way GC decides what to offer for trade-ins: they look up the item on Ebay, find the LOWEST price that model sold for, and generally offer between 40-50% of that. So if your Epi last sold for $200, they'd probably offer about $90-100.

If you want a decent price for your item, give Reverb a try. I've had good luck on there.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Quote by CustomAxe
Guitar Center is a good option if the new guitar you want to buy is available there, because then you can take advantage of the 10-15% discount with a trade-in.

Or you can just get the 10-15% off by asking them for it with no trade in or waiting for one of their 10-15% off "sales". Trade in is still a loss really.
Last year I wanted a bass guitar for recording so I picked out my least played guitar (a MIM Telecaster in mint condition) and took into GC. They offered me $230 cash or $260 on a trade. I traded it straight up on an Epiphone EB-3 bass. I paid about $350 for the MIM Tele but I really didn't like the feel of it and I have another Tele I like much more so I was happy to make the deal.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.