I'm looking to purchase either a Squire Vintage modified Mustang (SS), vintage modified jaguar (SS) or hot rails Stratocaster (SSS), this will be my second guitar, mainly to give me some tone variation from my HH shecter. I treat my current guitar as a tool, and I don't tend to 'baby' it. I play a combination of punk, rock and grunge with some Hendrix overtones in the solos. Any help would be greatly appreciated
The VM Jaguars are worthless, I think. The Mustangs are okay, and if you're looking for that style, the CV Duo-Sonics are vastly underrated. They're discontinued now, so you'll have to scour ebay and reverb for them, but very worth it.

The hotrails strat, don't even bother. Got one in my shop, I think it's a step above a bullet strat.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
The CV duo sonic is waayyy out of my price range do you have any other suggestions?
i don't like the 24" scales at all, so i wouldn't like the jag or stang at all.

i would try a 24" scale out before you buy one.

also, i haven't played any of those three specific models.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/