So I'm looking at Strats. I plan to get a used US strat, and will likely look to upgrade pickups unless the stock ones surprise me.

I don't know a lot about single coil pups but I have seen good reviews for Fralin's Hot Vintage. I have a Dimarzio True velvet in my ibanez middle which is nice, but maybe too geared to pair with humbuckers and not enough of the nice stratty sound. I would like the bridge side to be more like SRV bluesy overdrive, and the neck to be a nice clean with sustain. I can mix n match to get a varied tone if necessary.

Thank you!
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
Stock PUs give you SRV and Gilmour tone for days if you got the chops.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
For SRV tones, I'd go with the Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Set- he used big strings tuned down, and hit the strings hard. He also used minimal effects and got a lot of his tone from his amp. For more Gilmour tones, I like the Vintage Staggered Set. He used vintage pickups with a lot of effects, and didn't dig into the guitar as hard as SRV. Both guitarists have 'Strat' tone though, just slightly different flavors.
Thanks guys. I'll check them out. Would you have any comparison to the Fralins I mentioned?
Ready and aimed at you
We salute you
tell us whatcha' got for an amp and pedals, etc.

that makes a huge difference.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I use BIAS FX with studio monitors (Yamaha HS5). Recently got the monitors so no plans to change. I just play at home and only record casually for friends.
Ready and aimed at you
We salute you
Quote by 21GunSalute
I use BIAS FX with studio monitors (Yamaha HS5). Recently got the monitors so no plans to change. I just play at home and only record casually for friends.

i don't know if it would be worth buying new pickups with a computer setup. i haven't tried bias, but on processors i have used (POD, etc.) and based on others experience with modeling software, pickups may not make a huge difference.

the stock pickups are really a nice medium IMO.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^This

Have you played an American strat before? Unless you really hate them, then there's no need to change them out anyhow; It could just be a total waste of money.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
I plan on seeing how the stock ones work out, but am just doing some research on options. Also considering warmoth, etc so in that case I could put in whatever pups I want. Recently on an Ibanez changed from stock Dimarzio/IBZ to evolutions and it made a gigantic difference in tone and harmonics, with Bias
Ready and aimed at you
We salute you
I own two Strats : one with a Fender Custom 69 in the neck and middle slot with a Schaller S6 single coil, which has more uppers mids / lower mids , than the stock 69's.
The other Strat has a set of Texas Specials in neck and middle with Dragon Fire Duo rail on the bridge.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i don't know if it would be worth buying new pickups with a computer setup. i haven't tried bias, but on processors i have used (POD, etc.) and based on others experience with modeling software, pickups may not make a huge difference.

the stock pickups are really a nice medium IMO.

total strat guy. you won't get SRV tone out of a sim (i know i've tried). totally agree as my POD doesn't really differentiate between my 2 strat which have very different pickups in them. through my amp you can hear teh difference clearly but not through the POD. high end stuff like Axe-FX are able to see the subtle differences with pickups better but still not as good as an amp.

for gilmour stock pups will work it's more about the amp sim and fx.
Re: David Gilmour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QrXsrPAFIc&sns=em

The video maker noted he used Texas specials in the neck and middle and a Gilmour Duncan SSL-5 in the bridge.

In addition, it should be noted that Gilmour occasionally uses guitars equipped with EMG DG-20s:
http://www.emgpickups.com/dg20-davidgilmour.html

You can buy them separately or in loaded pickguards. FWIW, Fernandes has a Stratclone in their product line called the Retrorocket, and has made one model (the Deluxe DG) in that line that has them standard:
http://fernandesguitars.com/retrorocket/retrorocket-deluxe.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Bareknuckle Sultan's are lovely and are UK made by a small family business. I love them as the clean tones are sultan's of swing but you can use all pick up positions unlike most pups in strats, how many use the middle only? They have a warm sweet, thick blues sound through to a biting country twang...they have a slight compressed twang to them which I like. The closest would be the Texas Specials which I also have but I prefer my bareknuckles!
Fender Deluxe Ash Strat
Epiphone LP Custom Pro
Gretsch G5420T
Tokai Goldstar 1998
Fender GB Hot Rod Deluxe George Benson
Wampler, Red Witch, Mad Professor, TC Electronic