Poll: When did you feel like a grown up?
Poll Options
View poll results: When did you feel like a grown up?
Aged 16
3 4%
Aged 18
6 8%
Aged 21
12 16%
Aged 25
5 7%
Aged 30 and over
6 8%
I don't feel like an adult yet
42 57%
Voters: 74.
Page 1 of 3
I'm like 23 now and still feel like a teenager stumbling my way through life.

When did you feel like you became an adult?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
When you puff out your chest, grow a mustache, say "tax exemption", and acquire a taste for freeform jazz.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
27, still don't 'feel' like an adult. I just discuss adult things on occasion.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

24 and the same. Thought I had my life figured out. And then I found out that I did not actually like what I was doing. Quit a decently paying job, and I have zero idea what I do want to do.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
You're only as old as you feel.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by necrosis1193
When you puff out your chest, grow a mustache, say "tax exemption", and acquire a taste for freeform jazz.

/thread

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
when i bang your mom
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I always assumed being an adult was like that. Kind of lost, making it up as you go, really no different than being a kid, there are just less people to help you if you fail.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Neo Evil11
24 and the same. Thought I had my life figured out. And then I found out that I did not actually like what I was doing. Quit a decently paying job, and I have zero idea what I do want to do.

I've got an okay job now but I still feel like a teenager with no freedom

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by JackalUK
27, still don't 'feel' like an adult. I just discuss adult things on occasion.

I don't discuss stuff much, but does it count that I watch adult videos sometimes?
Quote by necrosis1193 at #33609537

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKwQ_zeRwEs
Howard Moon is the adultiest man then
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I've got an okay job now but I still feel like a teenager with no freedom

what's limiting your freedom
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
what's limiting your freedom

Lack of a car because it takes bloody forever to get anywhere and buses stop at 11 for some reason and on Sundays at 4. Train journeys are annoying too because a 1 hr 20 car journey will take 3 hours on the train plus a bus to the station.

Although I'm hoping to rectify that soon with driving lessons and buying a car

When you move out and become financially independent. So I'm not an adult yet unfortunately.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'm 23, moved out of my dad's two years ago, getting married in three weeks and have a son who turns 1 a few days after that.

I have to put up with all the crap being an adult throws at you, there's some good stuff too, but I still feel like I've just left school.

On the other hand teenagers in public annoy me and I do an involuntary groan every time I sit down or get up so maybe I am an adult after all.
Jesus RAB you're so much more advanced in your life than me you old man

I'll let you know if I ever get there.

I do a lot of allegedly "adult" things, but don't know that I'll ever actually be one...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Jesus RAB you're so much more advanced in your life than me you old man

Yeah, but don't let that fool you into thinking I have my shit together. It's basically come from jumping into things and letting the practicalities sort themselves out later.

It's an odd balance between having no regrets and trying to convince people my age to enjoy their 20s before doing any proper grown up shit.
Quote by RAB11
Yeah, but don't let that fool you into thinking I have my shit together. It's basically come from jumping into things and letting the practicalities sort themselves out later.

It's an odd balance between having no regrets and trying to convince people my age to enjoy their 20s before doing any proper grown up shit.

At least that's going to force you to be responsible as opposed to living in a weird limbo where you don't feel like a 100% proper adult wanting to live a care free life of parties and travelling but actually having adult responsibilities like having a 9-5 which prevent me from actually doing that because I want to have a career in the future

Well, yeah. And to be honest, I can go through an absolutely shit day, stress about money and where my job's going and all that rubbish, and just generally be miserable on my way home from work, but when I then get in, my littl'n hears the door open from the living room and sort of lets out a mixed between a giggle and a cheer because I'm home. Makes it all worth it in a way.
All I have when I get home is The Pit and on Wednesdays the Great British Bake Off

Quote by EndTheRapture51
on Wednesdays the Great British Bake Off

huu
Flora hmu pls I will marry u

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Flora hmu pls I will marry u

I want her to win just so I can see if she'll still look at whatever she's baked like she shat it out.
You begin to be an adult when the greater portion of your days are spent feeling miserable, helpless, paranoid and alone and entertainment becomes bitching about shit on the news.
You're an adult when you start accepting responsibility for your own actions and financial stature.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

somewhere in the late twenties I stopped feeling like a teen pretending.

it's more an acceptance of "yeah I guess I'm adult cause I'm not really a kid any more" really.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I'm going to say 18 because that was when I had to start facing adult life, e.g. trying to find a job, actually making effort when doing stuff and generally waking up to what a dark, miserable planet we live on

At the same time I still don't full like a full adult in some ways at the age of 22
I have nothing important to say
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Childhood's over the day you know that you're going to die.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
when you are earning a solid income and live in your own house, are stable, not in debt and not a slave to the system in that you are able to spend time doing things you want in life

This
Quote by Ichikurosaki
when you are earning a solid income and live in your own house, are stable, not in debt and not a slave to the system in that you are able to spend time doing things you want in life

So, 55-60 then?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Us Brits are never gonna be able to afford our own house lol maybe when my parents die they'll give me theirs but otherwise lol

I feel like an old man now at 23. My youth has left me. The light is fading. All hope is lost.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I'm 24 but I still look and feel like I'm 15....I wonder If I'll ever hit puberty....
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Lack of a car because it takes bloody forever to get anywhere and buses stop at 11 for some reason and on Sundays at 4. Train journeys are annoying too because a 1 hr 20 car journey will take 3 hours on the train plus a bus to the station.

Although I'm hoping to rectify that soon with driving lessons and buying a car

haha england
PM me for newts
Page 1 of 3