Weird question... I'm traveling from Australia (240v mains) to the U.S. (the land of 110v mains) to record with my band, and I'll be bringing my whole pedal board just in case the studio doesn't have certain bits and pieces that I normally use. All of my pedals are hooked up on a PedalTrain board with a Voodoo Labs power plus underneath and it's all wired up so a pain in the ass to take apart. What kind of power transformer would I need to get if I wanted to just plug in my Aussie voodoo labs over there in the States? I've seen heaps that are rated at different wattages... I don't know which one to get! Ideally I would like to get one power transformer that can do my pedals but that I can also take back to the hotel to power my computer and phone chargers and all that jazz.
Take the value of the current usage, multiply that by the mains voltage. Now double that figure and you will have the VA rating that you need.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Take the value of the current usage, multiply that by the mains voltage. Now double that figure and you will have the VA rating that you need.

thanks cathbard!
Dumb question - how does one find out the current usage value?
It should be written on the amp, usually right next to the mains input socket. For the pedals, you will probably have to google them. Once you find the values and add them up, add say 20% to account for power supply efficiency.

Edit: for the pedals, it's their current times their supply voltage (so probably 9). This is the figure that you would add your 20% to.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Sep 24, 2015,
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Transformer_Index/UK_to_USA_Converter/index.html

I don't know if you have the same plugs in Australia but assume there would be something similar available.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.