So i have this ADHD nephew who said he wanted to learn electric guitar. The problem is exactly this, ADHD. His attention span is ******edly short and doesn't stick to anything for long.

He goes for the lessons, come back, seldom practices, watches PewDiePie the whole day. His addiction to PewdiePie has gotten him in trouble because he doesn't do his homework and his parents are separated. Dad is always at work and seldom has time to discipline him, so I do what I can but the grandparents spoil him incessantly.

The gear I gave him is my 1st beginner squier strat, and not only he didn't take good care of it, but gave it a few dings and dents.

Even then he never appreciates how lucky he is compared to other kids who couldn't afford gear or lessons. He's got everything paid for and he takes them for granted.

He insisted he still wants to learn the electric guitar but his action shows otherwise.

Comes back from lessons, never practice until the next lesson, and the guitar teacher had to keep teaching him the same shit all over again until he gets it right, but he never gets them right because he never practices.

This went on for 4 months and he still couldn't play a simple chord changing song.

I confiscated the guitar I gave him (and repaired the dings and dents and other issues) and sold off the amp I bought him at a loss to another kid who needs it more.

But the ADHD kid still insisted he wants to go for lessons. I decided not to lend or buy him anymore electric guitar since he does not take care of them and he does not keep to his promise of learning/practising.

What should I do? Tell his dad to stop paying for the lessons and yank him off the class ? He does not keep to his promise, tells lies, and has seriously ******ed attention span.

Believe me if you have to deal with such a kid, you will eventually lose it and smack him in the face for being such a manipulative spoilt little brat.
hes not your kid and hes no longer using your gear, not your problem
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠ at #33610549
hes not your kid and hes no longer using your gear, not your problem

This

What's the issue here?
You know if you can't play power chords at the very least, you should really be learning from the internet, not paying someone to teach you the most basic stuff, while you waste time and money being taught basics.

Put him on prescription amphetamines like all the other ADHD kids. If he wants to learn he'll be at it for at least an hour a day.
If he's really got ADHD, there probably isn't much you can do. Just walk away from the situation.
Quote by sfx
So i have this ADHD nephew who said he wanted to learn electric guitar. The problem is exactly this, ADHD. His attention span is ******edly short and doesn't stick to anything for long.

He goes for the lessons, come back, seldom practices, watches PewDiePie the whole day. His addiction to PewdiePie has gotten him in trouble because he doesn't do his homework and his parents are separated. Dad is always at work and seldom has time to discipline him, so I do what I can but the grandparents spoil him incessantly.

is he getting clinical help?

besides him smashing up some crappy beginner guitar is no big deal in my eyes. as long his teacher's aren't getting mad at him and the parents aren't being hurt financially supporting him, just let him have his fun.

the real question is when you buying stuff for him, you should really treat it as a gift and let him do whatever.

but then again I can get where you're coming from by attempting to parent him here and teach him some life lessons and you can just let him go on as he is due to family obligation, so I guess what you're doing at the moment is fine. however if his dad is cool with continuing to pay for lessons and is willing to buy the kid gear out of his own pocket, I'd just stay out of that.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o