I really want to start making music in my bedroom. In a couple of weeks I will be getting the podfarm software to allow me to do this. In preparation I have got a bass learnt how to play it along with increasing my skills at both lead and rhythm guitar. However I haven't got a drum set and need a way to get EzDrummer, I know there used to be a free version is there anyway to get that version again?
I was in your boat about 1.5 years ago. I eventually just caved and bought the software. It was worth every penny. Its not quite as good as recording a real drummer, but the flexibility to go back and modify the drums at anytime is unparalleled. I own ezdrummer Metal Machine and Ezdrummer 2
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

As far as I know there never was a "free" version. Whether or not you can find it pirated is a different question.

I would strongly recommend saving and buying it, even just the basic cheapest one. There are various freeware drum machines or others that are cheaper but in my experience none of them come close.

EDIT: Probably worth mentioning in case you were unaware, EZDrummer isn't a stand-alone application. You have to run it as a plug-in inside a DAW. So in other words, if you don't have a DAW you will need to get one.
Quote by tommylaws16
I really don't have the money for it right now, in college

Get a job then. Or sell some shit. I think its only $150. You can steal it, but dont be surprised if you have all sorts of issues getting a pirated complex vsti like ezdrummer to not interface well with a legitimate DAW (reaper non-commercial daw is free and awesome by the way). Ezdrummer is one of the few softwares Ive come across that im like "yea this is worth every penny and has paid for itself in short order". Its worth it. Get ezdrummer 2.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69