Hi. I got a guitar a month ago and to be honest, I'm totally new into this and I'm starting from the very beginning. I practiced piano before so I kind of know the logic of music in general, but I'm finding guitar's logic and finger control particularily hard.
As far as I know, the first thing I have to practice is chords and that's what I've been doing up to this day and I'm kind of handling it, but playing solos with chords all together and stuff is getting hell hard.

Although the kind of music I'm willing to play requires distortion pedalboard and I don't even have one yet (I'll buy one later).

I know everything can be achieved by practicing, but I also know there's bad and good practice, so I've been looking for videos on youtube explaining basics, but to be honest I feel like I'm lacking something.

Going to the point, this is an example of the kind of songs I want to play. I know it's probably the worst thing to get started but I'd be lying if I said this is not exactly the kind of music I want to be able to play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfkvy5jIIGc

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask such things but if you think there's a very important detail I should know that might not be in the average tutorial, I'd thank you a lot if you say it.

I don't feel the urge to get a distortion pedalboard very soon because I know I must know how to finger control first and all before being able to do anything else. If you know songs that are good for starters (not only chords), I'd also thank you very much if you mention them.

Also good excercises or hints or whatever, anything helps.
Last edited by Ando626 at Sep 25, 2015,