Page 1 of 4
Top link is Boehner, bottom link is why.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/john-boehner-stepping-down-october
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/23/us-usa-fiscal-idUSKCN0RN24L20150923

tl;dr: Republicans are threatening to let the government shut down rather than pass bills that fund Planned Parenthood. Those bills also funds the rest of federal government functions/funding.

The government shutdown in 2013 cost something like $20billion in taxpayer money. The article even says that it's less expensive to keep things running than to let it shut down. When it shuts down, no government employees get paid. Folks like Dready show up to work for no pay.

So what do you guys thing? Stupid, or really stupid?
republicans care all about hypothetical foetuses and birth control right up until they're squeezed out; at which point they're nothing to them.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Republicans trying their best to lose the upcoming elections.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
My dad is a non-essential government employee, so when the government shut down in 2013 we had no income whatsoever. And while it wasn't horrific given the shutdown was less than a month, it gave a pretty unpleasant glimpse of what happens when a retirement-age government worker loses their source of income but still has to provide for a family, and made me pretty damn nervous about how long any future shutdowns might last. Plus given how frugal my dad has always been, I imagine he had a much healthier safety net to fall on than most government employees did.

So yeah, fuck whatever congressional asshats are making this happen. Doubly so since they declared themselves essential employees last shutdown, and probably will again if they haven't already, so they don't suffer personally at all for this stupidity.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Sep 25, 2015,
house republicans aren't even giant babies, they're even less mature giant fetuses, hence their stance on planned parenthood.
I'm leaning towards really stupid.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Yes let's shut down the government over an organization that provides healthcare to millions of women. That will win us the women vote.
Quote by WaterGod
Yes let's shut down the government over an organization that provides healthcare to millions of women. That will win us the women vote.

The women that vote for the republicans are either rich and therefore don't care, or Christian and therefore want this.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11 at #33611140
The women that vote for the republicans are either rich and therefore don't care, or Christian and therefore want this.

My friend's mom is republican and she is hardcore atheist
Quote by Weaponized

Then she falls into the rich category?

Edit. If you are an atheist and vote for a creationist, you deserve the crap the republicans put the USA through.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Weaponized

Why the fuck would she ever be republican?
Quote by Weaponized

How does that even work?
Quote by Weaponized

Yeah my mom would probably be Republican if it wasn't for the whole abortion thing, and she's not rich or Christian.
cat
Quote by Neo Evil11 at #33611155
Then she falls into the rich category?

Edit. If you are an atheist and vote for a creationist, you deserve the crap the republicans put the USA through.

Not rich nope.
Quote by WaterGod at #33611158
How does that even work?

Quote by JustRooster at #33611156

there are also gay republicans believe it or not
Quote by Weaponized

edit:gdi ninjad

we she probably doesn't love herself then
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Weaponized
Not rich nope.

Upper middle class at least. If she is poor then she is a fucking idiot despite being an atheist.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Upper middle class at least. If she is poor then she is a fucking idiot despite being an atheist.

Why are you always so quick to call people idiots lol
cat
Quote by Weaponized

That I can believe as long as it's disagreement on one issue. But the republican's entire platform revolves around religion (specifically Christianity)!
Quote by guitarxo

Cause republicans are anti-atheist and anti-poor. So if you vote for them, you are screwing yourself in multiple ways. How is that smart or rational?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11 at #33611170

Yeah not poor either. Single mother though omg
tbh modern Western hard conservatives who aren't rich and straight white men are either deluded, self-hating, hypocritically judgemental or uninformed

I can at least sympathise with classical liberal ideas to some degree but right-authoritarians are just mad
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 25, 2015,
Quote by Neo Evil11
Cause republicans are anti-atheist and anti-poor. So if you vote for them, you are screwing yourself in multiple ways. How is that smart or rational?

I mean you don't know why she's even Republican. That's very black and white thinking. And people are not known for being rational. That doesn't mean they're idiots.
cat
Quote by Neo Evil11

Do you view yourself as a human morality computer?
I've met plenty of atheist republicans - both male and female. Believe it or not, some people are just cruel by nature and do not need a church to advise them on how to utilize their methods.
Quote by Weaponized

Can confirm. One of the most politically active republicans I know is gay. Makes for some shitty situations for him tho
actually bad shit going on in both abroad and in this country and the crazy faction of the gop wants to shut everything down over what should be a complete non issue.

pretty much what I think every time this shit happens.
Quote by JustRooster

In principle, republicanism is a fine thing.

But their strategy of trying to garner the lowest bottomfeeders for body counts on election days over the last decade has really ruined them.

Both parties waste my money. I'm not giving them a cent at the end of the year.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by guitarxo

Because he doesn't realize it's an elitist attitude?

Calling people names because you disagree with them is probably one of humanity's original "stupid things we do".
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
mfw the republican party uses racism to convince the white working class to vote against their own economic interests.

Quote by Arby911
Because he doesn't realize it's an elitist attitude?

Calling people names because you disagree with them is probably one of humanity's original "stupid things we do".

I don't think voting against your own self-interest deserves any other term.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Looks like the Weeping Cheeto found out that it ain't easy being cheesy.

But seriously, what the fuck is going on with the Republican party? Are they going to reign in the Tea Party or fracture or what?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
i have frustration with my country
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
I liked Boehner. He called Steve King an asshole. We also couldn't have passed TPP without him. He was one of the good ones.

I also don't think a Republican-led government shutdown over trying to deny women abortion rights would be the worst thing in the world from a political point of view
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Sep 25, 2015,
Quote by Eastwinn
mfw the republican party uses racism to convince the white working class to vote against their own economic interests.

Art is difficult.
the Tea Party is fucking scary.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Eastwinn

idk what this is but i thoroughly enjoyed this image.
Page 1 of 4