Hi all!

Im looking for a new Guitar! atm i got a Squier Bullet strat (my first guitar) but im looking for something more metal.

I have been looking at some Ibanez because i just love the design and all and heard good stories about them, so i have chosen 2 guitars:

GRG170DX or the GRG121DX

so i checked some reviews online on the GRG170DX and found out that it was a really good guitar besides one thing, The bridge and tremolo was pretty bad and that the guitar was really fast out of tune, now i dont know if this would really bother me, but i dont like tuning my guitar like every session, or hour.
But This made me really question if i should get this one.

on The other side we have the GRG121DX.
i checked some reviews and it seemed like a really good sounding Guitar, with no real problems.

Can u guys help me out with this and give ur opinion (sorry for bad english)
The Ibanez GIO's are to be treated like different animals to the rest of Ibanez's lineup. They're not very good at all. But to be fair, no manufacturer makes a particularly great product when we're talking about such cheap guitars. Every guitar manufacturer has to cut corners in every single stage of the building process to produce such cheap guitars profitably. It's a case of 'you get what you pay for'. Expecting a truly great guitar when you've got barely any money to spend is unrealistic.

I'd look into Yamaha's Pacifica guitars because in my opinion, they make the least crappy product in a price range you'd typically see a GIO be priced at. They're more consistently made and they have halfway decent hardware for the price. And they're not at too dissimilar to the RG's that Ibanez make in how they're styled.

Where are you located approximately? What exactly is your budget?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 25, 2015,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The Ibanez GIO's are to be treated like different animals to the rest of Ibanez's lineup. They're not very good at all. But to be fair, no manufacturer makes a particularly great product when we're talking about such cheap guitars. Every guitar manufacturer has to cut corners in every single stage of the building process to produce such cheap guitars profitably. It's a case of 'you get what you pay for'. Expecting a truly great guitar when you've got barely any money to spend is unrealistic.

I'd look into Yamaha's Pacifica guitars because in my opinion, they make the least crappy product in a price range you'd typically see a GIO be priced at. They're more consistently made and they have halfway decent hardware for the price. And they're not at too dissimilar to the RG's that Ibanez make in how they're styled.

Where are you located approximately? What exactly is your budget?

Im looking for a guitar around the 200~300 euro (the netherlands) so i know these guitars aren't the best, but good enough for me (beginner)
I personally would buy a used higher end RG model. You could get a nice one for that probably.
Quote by matthijspunkrock at #33611658
Im looking for a guitar around the 200~300 euro (the netherlands) so i know these guitars aren't the best, but good enough for me (beginner)

If you live in the Netherlands, your used market might have some guitars worth looking at. Do some research. What guitars are for sale in your local area?

But you need to know what you are looking for when buying a guitar used. But the payoff is that you're going to get miles more bang for your buck. If you have enough knowhow, it's well worth the gamble.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 25, 2015,
300 euros should get you a new pacifica 112v, assuming prices in the netherlands aren't too dissimilar from thomann. and assuming 300 euros is your budget just for the guitar, and not for the amp and other accessories too- though on thomann if you're easy about the colour (old violin sunburst) the cheapest 112v is 250 euros, at least at the UK level of VAT (20%); according to wikipedia it's 21% in the netherlands, so shouldn't make that much difference overall.

or there's the regular 112 which is more or less the same, just it loses the coil split, the pickups might be slightly worse, and the pickguard is a slightly different shape for 220 euros on thomann.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?