I believe he is an excellent rock guitar player.

I don't like to hear him sing

his blues guitar playing is very ugly. I listened to a special on TV of him doing nothing but blues songs and he played like some ass hole in a cover band down the street. I made it through about four or five songs until I realized it just wasn't going to get any better.
I don't know. It seems like he tried to apply what he was doing in rock using a little less distortion and taste and more notes, holy shit , just tons of notes and notes and it was all gibberish no phrasing nothing. Damn him.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
he's overrated.

I honestly think of him as the metallica of the new millenium
Me?
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by yope at #33611811
It seems like he tried to apply what he was doing in rock using a little less distortion and taste and more notes, holy shit , just tons of notes and notes and it was all gibberish no phrasing nothing. Damn him.

You have just described every "blues" guitarist ever.
I have nothing important to say
Yeah I don't see or hear what's so amazing about him. Saw him at a blues festival and compared with what else was played over those five days he was mediocre, bland and one of the worst acts I saw. Definitely the worst "headline - mid-card" act.
That's cause ain't no whitey know the real blues

He can't sing worth shit either (feel free to cringe through his cover of "Just Got Paid", not to mention the contrived "I can't hear you" intro and pale blue suit), but his ego doesn't leave any room for a singer on stage. On a related note: I'm not a big Slash fan but I give him props for getting a singer for his solo stuff.
Quote by sickman411
Joe Bobsacamano

rip

btw where/when/why did he leave
superman is killing himself tonight
The blues is the blues. How many times can you outline a I-IV-I-V-IV-I progression before you wanna rip your dick off fuck your brains out? It's like a coloring book for children. Now, jazz ain't much better. Those jazz standards are just as boring, just as easy, and just as childish. I love listening to jazz players talk about how amazing they are. Just play me some chords that don't usually go togethe and connect the dots for me. Don't give it a genre just play something pure and original.
Joe B is just a cheesy cover artist doing the same thing a million others do. It's all about John McLaughlin.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
The blues is the blues. How many times can you outline a I-IV-I-V-IV-I progression before you wanna rip your dick off fuck your brains out? It's like a coloring book for children. Now, jazz ain't much better. Those jazz standards are just as boring, just as easy, and just as childish. I love listening to jazz players talk about how amazing they are. Just play me some chords that don't usually go togethe and connect the dots for me. Don't give it a genre just play something pure and original.
Joe B is just a cheesy cover artist doing the same thing a million others do. It's all about John McLaughlin.

I don't think we need to hear this complaint about blues music again. It's a valid art form the possibilities are endless with just a few chords same as with rock. So many people play it that don't know what they are doing , same with any other music,except maybe jazz .

Your complaint about jazz players being braggadocios( Trump learnt ) is original. I've never heard that one before.

I think it is true the more you know the more humble you become. Nobody knows more than a good jazz player. They are totally committed, deep in, takes a lifetime to do that, to get there . They are also more than willing to help anybody who sincerely wants to learn about it.
Quote by tukk04
That's cause ain't no whitey know the real blues

I'd say maybe Stevie but basically this.
Quote by tukk04
He can't sing worth shit either (feel free to cringe through his cover of "Just Got Paid", not to mention the contrived "I can't hear you" intro and pale blue suit), but his ego doesn't leave any room for a singer on stage. On a related note: I'm not a big Slash fan but I give him props for getting a singer for his solo stuff.

His face is so gross. If I never see it or those hideous sunglasses again in my life it'll still be too soon.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i