So i'm pretty sure there is another thread like this but i don't know how old it is. So i figured i should start a new one since there are new models of headphones going on i guess. I am a university student,living in an apartment with amazingly thin walls. I wanna play my guitar all the time but when i think about how thin the walls are i get anxious,so i wanna buy heaphones to use with the amp. Any good suggestions?
Honestly, anything with a long cable and good isolation.

One reason: If that is your situation you can throw tone out of the window anyway.

Get one of those cheap Sennheiser closed backs or something.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Sennheiser hd201. Great headphones for hardly any cost.

Also get something like a Zoom G1on. An excellent practice tool with some good tones & loads of functions for not much money.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Sennheiser hd201. Great headphones for hardly any cost.

Also get something like a Zoom G1on. An excellent practice tool with some good tones & loads of functions for not much money.

Yeah, pretty much this. The Zoom Multis have a headphone out and got plenty of effects to play with, a looper, drum machine and ETC.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Guitar0player
Yeah, pretty much this. The Zoom Multis have a headphone out and got plenty of effects to play with, a looper, drum machine and ETC.

This again.

While away from home and living with thin walls I'm using one of these and playing it thru a 5 watt VOX DA5 on the .5 watt setting. With the Zoom master volume on 3 (out of 150) and the pedal plugged into an aux jack on the amp, I don't even need headphones.

But I brought some anyway. I have a set of KRK KNS-6400. They have a very flat, accurate response.

Don't really like wearing headphones playing guitar--I also brought along my in-ear monitors (Sure Se-215s) and before I found a volume level thru the amp that didn't bother the neighbors, I used those almost exclusively. They feel totally natural since that's what I use on stage anyway, plus with the foam inserts they offer about 15db of isolation.

And they cost about the same as a good set of headphones.
If you're buying over-ear headphones, you'll want to spend around $100-200 and avoid the "Beats" type headphones designed for DJ's and folks who want heavy bass. Studio stalwarts include Sony 7506, Sennheiser 280, BeyerDynamic 770, AKG 240's, etc.
id at least get 500 series sennheiser headphones. the hd 201s are not very good at all. at least get some 280 pros.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quite like my Audio Technica ATH-M50's. Great phones for the money.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification