Well, I picked this up last week actually - Peavey Classic 50 212 combo amp. Loaded up with JJ tubes in both the power and pre section. Swapped out the Blue Marvels for a pair of GB128 speakers I had collecting dust in the closet. Nice improvement. It isn't going to replace any of my other amps, but it does give a me a nice portable option and does low volume a bit better than my bigger rigs.

Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Very nice

The gb128s are very nice for what they cost, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
HNAD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
HNAD! I've played the 410 quite a bit, and really liked it. I'd imagine the 212 sounds great!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
HNAD

Yeah I have a GB128 floating around my house and I dig it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thus far, I have enjoyed the amp immensely. I was torn at first between the 212 and 410. Mostly because I haven't really done much with 10 inch speakers. I stuck with familiarity, and the slightly smaller and lighter option.

As for the GB128 speakers, for whatever reason I really like them. They aren't as glamorous as some of the other offerings out there as far as desirability goes. But, at least to my ears, I can't really hear much of a difference between them and my private jack speakers. My private jacks still need some breaking in, so that might have something to do with it.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by ThunderPunk
Thus far, I have enjoyed the amp immensely. I was torn at first between the 212 and 410. Mostly because I haven't really done much with 10 inch speakers. I stuck with familiarity, and the slightly smaller and lighter option.

As for the GB128 speakers, for whatever reason I really like them. They aren't as glamorous as some of the other offerings out there as far as desirability goes. But, at least to my ears, I can't really hear much of a difference between them and my private jack speakers. My private jacks still need some breaking in, so that might have something to do with it.

I'm a huge fan of the Classic series. If I play a show with a backline, I always hope its a Classic. If I had the money I would grab one and never let it go. While it isn't my Splawn, it really does the job and does exactly what I need the Splawn for. Great tone, great dirt, solid clean, lead boost, all around great little amp. I ordered my Splawn, played a few Classics and had second thoughts about the big purchase. That is until it showed up at my front door...
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Nice! I've always been a fan of the Peavey Classic amps. I miss my classic 30. They can be had in the cheap I just need to stop being stubborn.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
i love the peavey classic series too. i had a classic 30 for a very short while. i wish i would have kept it, but i made some money on it so it wasn't a loss.

i had a delta blues at my house for a few days. i loved that thing. the 15" was massive.

HNAD!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I remember turning heads after plugging an acoustic into this. A very lovely, very loud clean channel.
The GB128 has a better lowend than the Private Jack
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ I haven't tried the PJ... I know compared to a greenback it's a little more modern-sounding, a bit tighter on the lows and a bit cleaner-sounding all-round. It also has a bit of that eminence family sound, too (slightly lower mids than celestions? Not sure. But something. ).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?