Yeah, just natural harmonics, I think with just a smidgen of overdrive.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3

im new to harmonics so please bear with me. The first bit of the riff can be done at the 12th fret using harmonics, but what about the highest note? its a G on the high e string if you arent using harmonics, but where do you play that using harmonics?
5th fret harmonic on the G
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Nailed it.

And I think there's some alternate tuning nonsense going on because of the maj7 tonalities I'm hearing all over the place, including in the chorus chords. I don't have perfect pitch and none of my guitars are in reach at the moment so I couldn't tell you the tuning, but I'm pretty sure it's an alternate tuning.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Last edited by travislausch at Sep 27, 2015,
Quote by K33nbl4d3
5th fret harmonic on the G

thanks everyone how about the first c note? or could that just be played normally
Quote by mjpb
thanks everyone how about the first c note? or could that just be played normally

I think the D string might be tuned down a whole step to C, then it'd be the 12th fret there. That's just a guess for the tuning, but it's definitely a harmonic, and the other harmonics are all set out nicely on the top 3 strings so it wouldn't make sense for those to be tuned differently. As travislausch suggested, they form a Cmaj7 arpeggio.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I think the D string might be tuned down a whole step to C, then it'd be the 12th fret there. That's just a guess for the tuning, but it's definitely a harmonic, and the other harmonics are all set out nicely on the top 3 strings so it wouldn't make sense for those to be tuned differently. As travislausch suggested, they form a Cmaj7 arpeggio.

thanks so much
Quote by K33nbl4d3

but then it messes up the chords for the chorus which i think might just be f and g power chords, but i guess i can just play them with e and a string only. also the verses which ive worked out but dont know the name of
Quote by mjpb
but then it messes up the chords for the chorus which i think might just be f and g power chords, but i guess i can just play them with e and a string only. also the verses which ive worked out but dont know the name of

Well you could drop all three of the bass strings so you have DGCGBE... Shouldn't involve too much shifting around.

The chorus bits don't sound like chords to me though, just the F and G notes picked quite heavily.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22