There are loaded http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-American-Fender-60th-Anniv-Strat-LOADED-BODY-USA-Stratocaster-Sunburst-SALE-/361394787181?hash=item5424ced36d strat bodies for about 500 dollars on eBay. I am really interested in scalloped necks so I'm thinking about ordering one from Warmoth. http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?Body=1&Path=Spotlight&scallop=18&i=SN18357

I don't know what I should do for tuners or nut. http://www.warmoth.com/Tuning-Machines-C205.aspx These are the tuner options available direct from Warmoth at least. This way I could have the tuner holes adjusted properly.

As for the nut I'm at a loss. I'll give them a call when they open this week but if you guys have any input on the neck options, or on my loaded body+scalloped warmoth neck idea, please let me know.

Thank you

Update: got a great deal on a new US strat. Not sure if I'll do the scalloping or not...
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
Last edited by 21GunSalute at Sep 30, 2015,
HELLO. For tunners go for the locking ones that warmoth sale. They are good (Music Man guitars come with them and work pretty well) And for the nut go with a Eaverna nut that they offer is great for compensating the little variations in the neck. If you are going to use the tremolo a lot try one of their slippery materials, if not, go with corain (or what ever it is called) it will last longer. Hope it helps
If you're jumping into a Warmoth neck, the Earvana's not a bad idea. Otherwise, I'd actually avoid Corian (which is simply a plastic and go with a teflon-based nut like Tusq (Graphtech). Might as well just buy the tuners from Warmoth while you're at it. Be aware that, scalloped or not, Warmoth necks do NOT come with fretwork done. Frets are pressed in and that's it. You'll want to take the guitar to a good tech and have the frets leveled, crowned and polished. In fact, you might just want to have the whole guitar run through a PLEK setup to start its career. While there, the tech can check to see if the guitar is built properly, neck shimmed correctly, etc.

The difficulty in buying a body from one place and a neck from another is that there's no guarantee that the two will fit correctly. Warmoth produces its necks to Fender standard measurements. Hopefully the body source will do the same and will guarantee fit. When you order from two different sources, you need to be the one to make sure that they work together.
Thank you both.

I did not know this about the warmoth frets not being leveled. That seriously changes things. I'll reweigh my options then.

Thanks for the head's up!

One more thing: what if I were to buy a fender neck on Ebay and connect it with a loaded Fender body? It's cheaper for me than to buy a whole guitar, strangely
Ready and aimed at you
We salute you
Last edited by 21GunSalute at Sep 27, 2015,
+1 to dspellman. i came in here to say that warmoth necks don't come with fretwork. i had a friend learn the hard way. decent hidden cost.

as far as buying a loaded body and a neck separate, i wouldn't if you are wanting a stock configuration. i would just buy a used MIA strat (you can find them for $700 easily), and get it scalloped if you want it that way.

i didn't know how much scalloping cost until the other day i saw somebody say it was about $10 a fret.

if you haven't tried a scalloped neck before, do. i personally am not a fan. but if you don't try you never know.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by 21GunSalute

One more thing: what if I were to buy a fender neck on Ebay and connect it with a loaded Fender body? It's cheaper for me than to buy a whole guitar, strangely

Not so strangely, as you may discover. It's sometimes not just a matter of simply bolting on the neck.
Thanks. I'm going to scrap the warmoth idea. Going to check listings on eBay etc and proabably just buy an American std as a whole, most likely used. Probably should wait til my December bonus..
Ready and aimed at you
We salute you
Quote by 21GunSalute
Thanks. I'm going to scrap the warmoth idea. Going to check listings on eBay etc and proabably just buy an American std as a whole, most likely used. Probably should wait til my December bonus..

It's about 175 used where I live for scalloping... I can get the guitar and decide on scalloping later I guess
Ready and aimed at you
We salute you