HI
i know nothing about strings and i want to buy the right ones for my guitar (ibanez grg170x)
if annyone could tell me or post a link to somewhere i could find out which ones i need and tell me the types of strings i can use
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Seriously? Hm. Maybe I need to reevaluate the strings I was going to buy for my RG Prestige. I was going off the assumption it had 10-46.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
^ It's up to you, really. Different people like different strings.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TIP_Matthew
i watched a video on youtube and the guy in it recomended these

Again, the gauge that comes stock on Ibanez guitars is 9-42.

However, feel free to try different brands. Personal preferences vary a lot.

The correct Ernie Ball set for that guitar would be
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ernie-Ball-2223-Electric-Strings/dp/B0002M6CW6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443378439&sr=8-1&keywords=ernie+ball+9s
Or the same gauge from Rotosound is
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rotosound-guitar-stings-pinks-string/dp/B001D38OJM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1443378451&sr=8-2&keywords=rotosound+9s

You can change string gauges, but you need to do some minor adjustments on the guitar to accommodate it and it'll change the feel (higher gauges will make the strings feel tighter and harder to bend) so if this is your first time buying strings I really don't recommend getting a different gauge.

9-42 is what that guitar shipped with, so I'd stick with it until you're at a stage that you have a slightly better idea of your preferences.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Sep 27, 2015,
I've tried pretty much all the brands, even had an endorsement with one of the more boutique string Co's.
There wasn't any discernible difference, we changed strings at the same rate.
So far I've settled for quality name brands, D'Addario has been the best bang for the buck, Ernie Ball close second. I've had the worst experience with Boomers. The new Fender range is also pretty good.
Quote by diabolical
I've tried pretty much all the brands, even had an endorsement with one of the more boutique string Co's.
There wasn't any discernible difference, we changed strings at the same rate.
So far I've settled for quality name brands, D'Addario has been the best bang for the buck, Ernie Ball close second. I've had the worst experience with Boomers. The new Fender range is also pretty good.

Yeah, I doubt there's a huge difference, but some people's body chemistry seems to generate more corrosion on certain brands than others. Obviously all the evidence for that is purely anecdotal and I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it's all total nonsense, but with such a small price difference between the brands it does little harm to have one's preferences. Personally I settled on D'Addario because Ernie Ball sets kept breaking on me and the store I frequent stopped carrying Rotosounds. At this point I'm aware that it was almost certainly the bridge on the guitar I was using at the time that led to strings breaking, but I quite like how the D'Addario strings are packaged (and how they're priced) so I'm quite happy sticking to it. Moreover, they have a pretty big range of gauges which was useful when I was in an experimenting phase after I bought my Jaguar.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22