Hey guys, I haven't been active on these forums in a long time, but that's besides the point. I need help identifying a Jackson super-strat I got from a trade yesterday. I traded an ESP LTD MH-53 that had floyd rose issues and a buzzing JB SH-4 and got more value out of it than the guy should have given me, so I was able to get a beautiful purple Jackson for about $300 used, but the only identifier it had was "Jackson Dinky, Purple." No year, no specific model number, etc. Ive tried finding the same one on the internet to no avail, so can you guys help? The serial # is 9652543.

SPECS:
-Likely an import
-Maple neck (very thin)
-Bound rosewood fingerboard with MOP shark fin style inlays
-24 frets
-Licensed floyd rose made by jackson, looks similar to an Edge trem
-Brushed metal parts
-HSS with duncan designed PUPs

PICTURES:
Gallery on Imgur
Quote by Wiegenlied
this thread is now about phil kessel

Quote by eGraham
Call child protection services on yourself, because you're in the position of caring for a child and you're asking a music forum how to console it.
From google research I'd say probably a discontinued DK2 model, possibly MIJ. There's a few similar numbers on Ebay. I could very easily be wrong, though, since I'm not well versed in Jackson models.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
From google research I'd say probably a discontinued DK2 model, possibly MIJ. There's a few similar numbers on Ebay. I could very easily be wrong, though, since I'm not well versed in Jackson models.

sporting duncan designed pups not likely to be a MIJ.
Quote by monwobobbo

I would've thought the same, but several on ebay claiming to be MIJ have Duncan Designed pups too.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Looks like a mid 2000s MIJ Dinky. Go through the old catalogs on Jackson's site under support and you should be able to narrow it down to a few years.

My KE3 From 2004ish came with Duncan Designed stock.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by monwobobbo

It wasn't until fairly recently that the MIJ Jacksons came with actual SDs and not DDs.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I'm thinking it might be a MIJ DK2 model from 1998 based on what I can piece together.
Yep, definitely looks like a Japanese DK2. They came with Duncan Designed pickups and chrome hardware until circa 2006, when they changed to real Duncans and black hardware.

A 7-digit serial number starting with 96 is a Japanese serial. They started from 96xxxxx in 1996, and went up sequentially from there. They were up to somewhere in the (high?) 98xxxxx range when the Japanese factory shut down in 2011. That lines up with my 983xxxx which I bought new at the back end of 2008.

So yeah, I'd agree with JackalUK. MIJ DK2, most likely late 90's.