Hey everyone,

I've got an Epiphone Jack Casady bass in white which plays and sound absolutely amazing.
The problem is that the edges of the body are quite sharp, and when playing aggressively with a pick theres alot of friction being created between the arm and the guitar.
The first time I played it at a gig it tore a whole layer of skin right off my forearm.

So recently I've been thinking about going at it with sandpaper to make the edges smoother, but since it's a hollow body I'm scared of doing any damage to it, should I be worried? Any other tips?

I've never had this issue with any other bass before and it would be great to be able to wear t-shirts again and not having to worry about bleeding to death on stage.
Please don't sand the corners.* It'll probably be fine structurally but I imagine with the binding and all it'll look hideous afterwards.

Might kill your vibe I guess, but what about an archery armguard?
This kind of thing:
http://www.slatergartrellsports.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/a/basic_medium_arm_guard.jpg

*My feelings notwithstanding, it is, of course, your prerogative.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Sep 27, 2015,
^Maybe a metal one off a banjo could look pretty good? If you could get the right radius...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Just make sure that you don't have buckles and zippers where the glove hits the guitar.
Quote by dspellman

Just make sure that you don't have buckles and zippers where the glove hits the guitar.

you win the internet