Poll: Which to pick
Poll Options
View poll results: Which to pick
American vintage 52' reissue with vypyr 30
14 67%
Vox ac30 with dual humbucker ibanez
7 33%
Voters: 21.
So i want that nice tele sound, unfortunately, when i first started out, i was a die hard metal fan. So i bought an ibanez with dual humbuckers and a peavey vypyr 30...
The amp is alright but i really want that nice twangy sound of a telecaster, but can't get it beacuse, i dont have a telecaster. But then again, i know the amp is 75% of your tone, but even if i buy the vox ac30, i still wont have that tele tone because im using humbuckers... so what do you guys think i should buy first?
New guitar first. Single coil is way too different from humbuckers, any amp could show this. Upgrade amp later.
i love my '52 AVRI. brilliant fucking guitar.

i haven't tried a tele on a vypyr.

i say AVRI.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
yeah if you know you want a tele tone, as you said yourself, no amp is really going to get you there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get the axe. The Vypyr has some reasonable clean models on it that will get you in the ball park. But the tele is gonna make the difference if that's what you're looking for.
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
thanks guys, i was thinking this was also the most reasonable but i just needed some advice on if i should go through with it
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i love my '52 AVRI. brilliant fucking guitar.

i haven't tried a tele on a vypyr.

i say AVRI.

how do you like the pickups? are they a little suttle or can they do cleans but also have some attack to it? You find them better than the ones in the american standard?
This is one of the few times I'd say get the guitar over an amp. The Vypyr's "Twin" model is appropriate for the type of playing you're talking about, and does a nice job of it.

I've got an LTD FX-260 SM which is an Explorer copy that has a coil-split option. With a clean amp and both the neck and bridge pickups selected with the coils split, it does a very convincing Tele or Strat twang through my Vypyr. It's not quite the same as a real Strat or Tele but it can get into the same ballpark.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
ALWAYS take a better amp setup than guitar.

but i say neither.

do you have ANY IDEA how loud a vox ac30 is? like pretty much the loudest darn thing ever. i personally wouldnt recommend it to anybody but a touring pro musician. if you are trying to play in the house, NO.

probably go for a ac15. even ac15s are crazy loud little boxes.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by GuitarNewbee
how do you like the pickups? are they a little suttle or can they do cleans but also have some attack to it? You find them better than the ones in the american standard?

i love the pickups in the AVRI, good balance, i see no need to change them.

my USA std tele i didn't like the pickups on as much, and changed them out to a pair of dimarzio twang kings in and they are awesome.

my other tele is a USA Tele Plus Series II (precursor to deluxe models) came with factory lace sensors and the nashville setup with a strat pickup in the middle, that is a nice tele.

but... my favorite one to play is my AVRI. it takes a bit to get used to the 7.25" radius fretboard, and it feels really weird, but it is absolutely glorious once you get used to it. also an FYI the truss rod adjustment is on the heel of the neck. you will want this tool for truss rod adjustments, otherwise you have to take the neck off to adjust your truss rod. its cheap.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by Tony Done
No contest for me, decent amp first, stick some new pickups in the lump of wood if necessary.

i generally agree with you, but tele twang doesn't come from humbuckers. the vypyr is passable.

______

OP- is there any way you could buy the AVRI, and trade your vypyr for a valvetronix? that would help a little bit.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i generally agree with you, but tele twang doesn't come from humbuckers. the vypyr is passable.

+1. The cleans on the Vyp are actually its strong point. Plug a Tele in and it will sound pretty dang good for the things people usually use Teles for.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood