Page 1 of 2
Can't believe that there isn't already a thread on it.

Anyone following it? Predictions?

Naturally I'm supporting England (born there) and New Zealand (live there). Losing to the Welsh hurt a bit
RIP Tom Searle.
No, real men play proper football.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by MH400
Can't believe that there isn't already a thread on it.

Anyone following it? Predictions?

Naturally I'm supporting England (born there) and New Zealand (live there). Losing to the Welsh hurt a bit

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
we've dominated tennis, now we're gunna dominate rugby
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by steve_muse
we've dominated tennis, now we're gunna dominate rugby

We beat the yanks, and that's the only thing that matters about rugby.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I knew we'd lose to Wales but I think England beat Australia, Australia beat Wales, England beat Uruguay by enough to finish top
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Also, I'm so gutted about de Villiers being ruled out with a broken jaw. Such a sad end to a brilliant career.
RIP Tom Searle.
England should be disqualified for allowing the fans to sing sweet chariot 596 times per game
as long as it isn't won by a southern hemisphere team or Ireland I'm happy*. Ireland because I'm still mad about them stealing six nations with their boring cheap playstyle, but that said I can tolerate them winning slightly more than sa/nz or aus.

*this is the approach I'm taking to not get too mad when england lose. still can't sit through 5 mins of england without nearly breaking something. glad I didn't watch the whole wales game or I'd have a broken tv now
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I'd like to think Wales could go all the way, however our injuries list is making for some bleak reading at the moment.

We always lose to southern hemisphere teams anyway so it's still unlikely.
Last edited by JackalUK at Sep 28, 2015,
Scotland to suffer narrow defeats to good teams, and humiliating losses against diddy teams.
Quote by Diemon Dave
League fan here.

Why, when you don't have a limited number of tackles, do teams insist on receiving the ball and immediately booting it back up the pitch for field position and penalties? It's boring af. When you have to give teams an incentive to go for tries, you have a problem imo.
Quote by theguitarist
as long as it isn't won by a southern hemisphere team or Ireland I'm happy*. Ireland because I'm still mad about them stealing six nations with their boring cheap playstyle, but that said I can tolerate them winning slightly more than sa/nz or aus.

*this is the approach I'm taking to not get too mad when england lose. still can't sit through 5 mins of england without nearly breaking something. glad I didn't watch the whole wales game or I'd have a broken tv now

Mine is basically any one but Australia, SA or France winning. I wouldn't mind a home nation or Ireland winning.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Yeah it'll be Aus vs NZ in the final with NZ creaming the aussies or Ireland vs NZ with NZ just getting by the Irish.

Gotta love the win from Japan. I knew SA would be shite this WC due to selections, the number of players coming back from injury and too many old guard players but goddamn.

And whats the deal with overweight saffas doing real interferring pitch invasions. Can't handle their Castle beer lol.

Quote by RAB11
League fan here.

Why, when you don't have a limited number of tackles, do teams insist on receiving the ball and immediately booting it back up the pitch for field position and penalties? It's boring af. When you have to give teams an incentive to go for tries, you have a problem imo.

That's like saying in league when you tackle someone, why aren't you contesting for possession? And incentives? Don't you remember why the 40-20 rule was brought in for league? Rugby does have heaps of problems at the moment but nothing that you've mentioned is really one of them.
Quote by Rebel Scum

That's like saying in league when you tackle someone, why aren't you contesting for possession? And incentives? Don't you remember why the 40-20 rule was brought in for league? Rugby does have heaps of problems at the moment but nothing that you've mentioned is really one of them.

If you're gonna knock league really it should be for the fact that scrums are a pointless exercise now.

40/20s? Barely anyone goes for them whereas everytime I watch union it's the ping pong kicking until a team gets to the ten metre line.
I'm not watching union for the tries, I'm watching for people shoving each other around in a slow team battle.

I'd rather sit down and watch 3 hours of something widely regarded as dull like golf over sitting through a league match.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
pretty much every match I've caught so far has been horrible, just non-stop penalties and scrums (yawn). the exception has been NZ's games, but that's just because they're miles better than everyone else
I got USA in the office sweepstake. They try, bless em.

I think Wales deserved to win against England on saturday. We gave away too many penalties and despite half of the welsh team being carried off pitch they still managed to beat us.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I played rugby for the first time this year. 3 games, summer league for the city I'm in. I've also played american football pretty much my whole life.

I don't know where people get the idea that rugby players are tougher. I've been hit way harder in good ol' handegg than the butt-groping 'tackles' that occurred in rugby. Rugby is false advertising, probably the more fedora sport besides fucking LARP quidditch.
Quote by JustRooster
I played rugby for the first time this year. 3 games, summer league for the city I'm in. I've also played american football pretty much my whole life.

I don't know where people get the idea that rugby players are tougher. I've been hit way harder in good ol' handegg than the butt-groping 'tackles' that occurred in rugby. Rugby is false advertising, probably the more fedora sport besides fucking LARP quidditch.

you played rugby in America, that's like going for a Venetian gondola ride in Vegas
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
It's still true that gridiron hits are harder

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
It's still true that gridiron hits are harder

it is

also anyone that knows American football knows that the term gridiron refers to the markings of the field, not the game itself.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by RAB11
If you're gonna knock league really it should be for the fact that scrums are a pointless exercise now.

I wasn't trying to knock league. League scrums are pretty terrible but necessary in order to remove the forwards from the fist play off a scrum and bunch up the field a bit. Scrums in rugby are just as bad but only for the constant restarts and ridiculous rules around them.
CYMRU AM BYTH! !!!

AND THEY WERE SINGING
HYMNS AND ARIAS
LAND OF MY FATHER'S
AR HYD Y NOS!!

As long as we beat the English. ... ha!

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Prediction...

Sorry England, I initially thought that Wales would be ousted in Pool A but after that loss England is out. Australia is too good this year and the only real threat to NZ.

NZ v Aus final.

I'm a little worried about the age of the All Blacks. Particularly in the loose forwards, we have been beaten at the breakdown in a couple of tests this year.

QF predictions:

NZ v France*
SA v Wales**
Argentina v Ireland***
Australia v Samoa(or Scotland)****

*France will lift but are just not strong enough this year to roll the All Blacks (stranger things have happened and they have always proven a danger or NZ in world cups)

**too many injuries for Wales and SA will be on a rampage after their loss to Japan. SA to win this one.

***I would think that Ireland would be able to topple Argentina but this is the best chance for an upset in the quarter finals. Ireland would have to be favourites but I have a soft spot for Argentina and am going with the darkhorse on this one.

****it doesn't matter if Scotland or Samoa make it through to the quarter finals Australia will be too good for either. This is the easiest quarter final to pick.

SF predictions:
NZ v SA
Argentina v Australia

Sorry Northern Hemisphere teams it's Rugby Championship affair from here on in.

...Actually I'm going to change my quarter final picks. Ireland will beat Argentina to bring them through to the semifinals.

NZ v SA
Ireland v Australia

SA's rampage will come to an end here. They just aren't strong enough to climb the black wall.

Ire or Aus is a tough one to pick. I'm going to go with Australia. I just think they'll do enough.

Then of course I'm going with NZ in the final.

I'm enjoying the world cup anyway. It's been pretty great so far and hope the rugby just keeps getting better.

Favourite match so far well SA v Japan obviously!! The Italy v Canada game was also really good to watch.
Si
Quote by Pastafarian96
it is

also anyone that knows American football knows that the term gridiron refers to the markings of the field, not the game itself.

I know. But gridiron is quicker to write

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Bangor was fucking insane after Wales won England the other night haha.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Traffic was mental trying to get home for the Wales match today.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by 20Tigers

****it doesn't matter if Scotland or Samoa make it through to the quarter finals Australia will be too good for either. This is the easiest quarter final to pick.

Speaking as a Scot, I agree.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Page 1 of 2