I just run one Dimarzio in the bridge and have the neck disconnected. Can I use one of the switches to split coil the Dimarzio rail? If so please show me a diagram of how to do it. Thanks
Are you talking about a slider switch like you'd find on a Mustang? You can, but the Mustangs are 3-way switches. You'll want a Jaguar style slider switch for humbucker/split.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Are you talking about a slider switch like you'd find on a Mustang? You can, but the Mustangs are 3-way switches. You'll want a Jaguar style slider switch for humbucker/split.

Can I use the three way because a small two way wont fit
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Definitely possible, but it'll be a tad inelegant.

I'm a bit feverish at the moment so I could get this wrong but I believe it'd work something like this:
The Mustang switches are 8-lug, right?

What you'd want to do is wire the outer wires of the pickup as normal (I believe red is the hot wire - so that goes to a volume pot, then green and bare to ground), then connect the middle wires (black and white) to one of the middle four lugs on the switch. Then connect an adjacent end-lug to the ground.

Here's your switch:
OO
OO
OO <-- Connect the black and white wires to this lug
OO <-- Ground this lug.

The only issue is I think you'll have a redundant position but I'm not certain at all.

As it happens, I'm pretty sure you could do something else with that extra position. I found this on google:

Obviously that's for two pickups, and the colour coding is slightly different, but it's something to think about and should be easy to apply to just one switch.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Sep 28, 2015,