So I started a prog metal band with three guitar players. Now, in the week after I recruited the two, let's name them A and B, A went AWOL after one practice session. Wouldn't pick up calls, or respond on Facebook, though according to messenger, he clearly read all the messages I sent him. No contact from him for abot 10 days. In the meantime, we decided he wasn't interested, and reverted to playing as a 2 guitar band. B proved to be quite a sincere player, and learnt all his parts well, and we got rolling so to speak. Then A turns up again, says his phone was damaged and so he couldn't reply, and had gone out of station (had gone to the beach, he posted images in Facebook later). Now, be insists that he is serious, but what bugs me is that he could have at least dropped a message. After all, he saw all the texts I sent him on FB. So it makes me wonder if at all I should take him, especially since the bands finally in the groove regarding originals. Bringing him back would disrupt the process again.

What do you guys feel?
Did you ask B how he feels?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Tell guitarist A that unfortunately you decided to go in a different direction while he was AWOL. The band sounded fine without him, so you'll continue with that lineup.

Wish him all the best for the future and you hope that you'll catch him around the scene sometime.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
+1 with AlanHB. One less mouth to feed and you already know you don't need him.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
If you sound good you dont really need him, so just drop him. If you really wanna give him a try, drop him as soon as he pulls a stunt like this again. I've been trough this exact situation a few times, and its just gonna drag on and make everyone miserable.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
So I started a prog metal band with three guitar players. Now, in the week after I recruited the two, let's name them A and B, A went AWOL after one practice session. Wouldn't pick up calls, or respond on Facebook, though according to messenger, he clearly read all the messages I sent him. No contact from him for abot 10 days. In the meantime, we decided he wasn't interested, and reverted to playing as a 2 guitar band. B proved to be quite a sincere player, and learnt all his parts well, and we got rolling so to speak. Then A turns up again, says his phone was damaged and so he couldn't reply, and had gone out of station (had gone to the beach, he posted images in Facebook later). Now, be insists that he is serious, but what bugs me is that he could have at least dropped a message. After all, he saw all the texts I sent him on FB. So it makes me wonder if at all I should take him, especially since the bands finally in the groove regarding originals. Bringing him back would disrupt the process again.

What do you guys feel?

No band needs 3 guitar players.... that's going to be a mess to arrange and mix. Ditch the extra and get a keyboard player.
I'm with Alan too. People who are unreliable rarely change, he'll disappear every time surfs up, or whatever other more attractive offer comes along. There's no need to be unpleasant though, just say you've worked out things with two guitars and that's the way you've decided to go. Wish him well and hope he finds something else. be nice to people on the way up, in case you meet them on the way back down
Quote by Phil Starr
be nice to people on the way up, in case you meet them on the way back down

Absolutely - you don't know where these guys are going to end up. In any case if you're both involved in the local music scene you WILL see each other again. No need to make it awkward.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud