want to do this to one of my guitars were the neck pickup is proprietary and sucks ass. i need good direction because i am new at this . thanks

the switch in question
Unfortunately, I don't have a smarter/more detailed answer than that, but it is most definitely possible - there's quite a few Ibanez and Schecter models where the second and fourth pickup switch positions split the coils. (Therefore I see no reason why you couldn't do that on a 3-way.)
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There's no point in trying to convince a moron.
If you've got a four-conductor pickup, it's perfectly possible, though you'll end up with a redundant switch position. Is this the Mustang with the Dimarzio? If so, you could easily have just explained in that thread that you were using this kind of switch. Concept is the same:
Middle pickup wires (black and white on a Dimarzio) connected to the middle lug, one (can be either, just not both) of the side lugs wired to the back of a pot.

Assuming this is the same question as the last thread (please don't duplicate threads, it's spam), this is what you want:
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Sep 29, 2015,
Quote by K33nbl4d3
If you've got a four-conductor pickup, it's perfectly possible, though you'll end up with a redundant switch position. Is this the Mustang with the Dimarzio? If so, you could easily have just explained in that thread that you were using this kind of switch. Concept is the same:
Middle pickup wires (black and white on a Dimarzio) connected to the middle lug, one (can be either, just not both) of the side lugs wired to the back of a pot.

Assuming this is the same question as the last thread (please don't duplicate threads, it's spam), this is what you want:

THis is for a different guitar and switch. So two lugs are grounded one side of the three in front and one in the back. what position will the switch be in when split?
It'd be split with the switch in the middle position or when switched towards the grounded lug. The humbucker will function normally when it's switched away from the grounded lug. The lug in the back has nothing to do with the switching, that grounds the switch itself, I believe.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one