Hello. Whats the besr file type for uploading my playing video on youtube? Mp4, avi...?
It's gonna get converted to vp8 and h264 (4:0:0 IIRC) video, all with 192kbps stereo fixed bit rate audio.

You can use the format you prefer, but I'd use one of the above if I were you.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Youtube has a flash player and an HTML5 player, and it uses a format for each, so yes, it will convert your video in at least another format no matter how you encode it.

It's not really a big deal though if you ask me - you don't really need that much quality if you're posting youtube videos.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Spambot is slightly incorrect. Depending on the quality you choose youtube has audio settings. for 720p and up you get 320kbps mp3. it will even allow you to start with 96kHz audio file.

The main thing to consider, since it's video, is the video proportion size. if you do not size it correctly YouTube will resize and you might end up with black bars surrounding your video.

What I do is follow the standards of YouTube when using my video software, that way on export, its as close to YouTube specs as possible so i get higher quality and more consistency from video to video.

Here's a link: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

Hope this helps!
New Community for Creative Artists, Rehearsal Spaces, Venues, and Studios. Join Here!
Last edited by destinationsoun at Sep 29, 2015,