I own CD player but usually use other
40 63%
I only use CDs
15 23%
I do not use CDs or other digital, just vinyl or tape
0 0%
Voters: 64.
Page 1 of 2
I am so out of sync with the times I did not know. I was aware people were listening to music on MP3 and other formats a lot but I did not know that CDs may be a thing of the past. If you could answer this poll truthfully I would appreciate it.
I buy CDs, rip them to mp3 and then keep them as a collection.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
CDs are pretty good for road trips and shit.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I pretty much exclusively use CDs (with a few exceptions, like when I have free DLs or stuff doesn't exist on CD etc.) because it's generally cheaper per song (especially used) and I haven't got space on my iPod to keep everything at a quality that would sound decent through my stereo.

Currently at 190 CDs (give or take, may have missed duplicates or 2-in-1 releases). Last purchase was Reflection by Fifth Harmony

Quote by JamSessionFreak
CDs are pretty good for road trips and shit.
This is true too.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by theguitarist

I mostly do this along with occasionally popping a few into my stereo and listening to them that way.

If I actually get around to fixing (read: replacing) the stereo in my car, then I'd being a few in the car with me.
Skip the username, call me Billy
I was gonna do a "see the itty bitty fishes" thing which is started with this:
C D E T B T fishes

but it was hard to choose between writing fish, or making an ascii fish, and whatever you know
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by theguitarist

I do this, keep the jewel cases in a collection, and put the cds themselves in my car along with hundreds of burned cds
i use CDs in my car. i like cd changers better than fumbling around on my phone, plus i have virtually unlimited storage and no fear of killing my phone battery

that said there are obviously drawbacks but personally i prefer it
I definitely don't download songs.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
No, I've only bought like 5 cds ever

I buy vinyl usually and use the download codes for the MP3. Also definitely not torrents

Use my iPod in the car or just listen to the radio
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Sep 29, 2015,
Not anymore. Over the years I've moved over to streaming from a NAS drive to a dedicated streamer/preamp after ripping my CDs as wav files. Equal (arguably better) quality, much easier to navigate my library with my iPad.

Might sell my CD player actually. Get a couple of grand back.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Sep 29, 2015,
Quote by WCPhils
No, I've only bought like 5 cds ever

I buy vinyl usually and use the download codes for the MP3. Also torrents

Vinyl, lol! Why not wax cylinders?
I still buy cds but don't actually listen to them very often. Just rip them on itunes.
Quote by TobusRex at #33615842
Vinyl, lol! Why not wax cylinders?
because vinyl are more fun to collect than CDs, plus you usually still get a MP3 copy
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Sep 29, 2015,
I prefer buying/owning CD's BUT I rip them to MP3 and listen them that way. Plus buying the physical album you get extras for instance one of Zac Brown Bands album comes with a DVD of the entire concert.

MP3 is a convenience for me. Understand I grew up during the days of mix tapes and my sister owned an 8-track. My daughter who is 12 wants a record player and some vinyl covers. There are still stores that sell that but tapes are long gone.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
I remember when cd's were all bundled in that anti theft plastic dealy. We only have one damn record store now and it looks like they are just letting their stock dwindle. On a plus side I scored Sepultura's Arise for like 3 bucks.
Quote by DQcrewmember
how do you ban people from posting in your threads?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."
Plugging my phone into my car radio is a hassle. I usually like to just leave it in my pocket until I get to where I'm going, I get a tad irritated when people are on their phones in traffic, so I try to practice what I preach. By default, I use my car's CD player daily.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by theguitarist

This
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Love me some cd. As with everyone else, its partially for collection's sake. Mind you, I also like vinyl and occasionally cassettes (usually limited pressing metal tapes), but I don't really download music. To me, theres nothing like the feeling of the time I found Slaughter of the Soul at Value Village.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
I go with pretty much everything but 8 track and cylinders (not due to lack of interest, though).

A lot of it's digital at the moment, but only really due to living away from home.

If you're going for collecting, extended artwork, etc, it seems silly to go for predominantly CDs when the best inserts + trinkets come from vinyl releases.

but inferior sound quality

so
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I use my CDs in my car. When I buy music I buy it on CD from amazon so I can use the autorip feature/music cloud service.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
I use my CDs in my car. When I buy music I buy it on CD from amazon so I can use the autorip feature/music cloud service.

This user might be Odd but she totally gets what CD's are meant for
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by theguitarist

This.
But plays for a week in car stereo before going to collection.
Have bough a lot of CDs and don't use them anymore. It's not just CDs, I don't use DVDs either - it's more convenient to have everything on a single storage instead of hundreds of discs. My whole CD and DVD collections are somewhere in my mom's attic I think. Doesn't seem to be a big deal but point is they won't be a thing anymore pretty soon, just like VHS, cassettes, floppy disks and minidisc (remember?) etc.
i have around 700 cds so that is pretty much how i listen to music. old fart. when are 8-tracks coming back
Quote by theguitarist
This.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Magnumopus7001
I have CD's over half are burned though. Why buy one when your friend has one right?

Because I love myself and wouldn't cheat myself out of beautiful, beautiful liner notes.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Knows what's up.^
Quote by DQcrewmember
how do you ban people from posting in your threads?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."
did vinyl kill the CD

EDIT: okay aside from the shitposting

I don't tend to buy CDs anymore. I think the last one that I bought myself was in junior high. Every CD that I have acquired in the last few years hasn't come out of the shrink wrap.
Last edited by yoman297 at Sep 29, 2015,
You'd have been better with an option for "I sometimes use CDs but also other formats"
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Page 1 of 2