Page 1 of 2
I saw a headline today about her interview with the Hillary titled "Rape-Hoaxer Lena Dunham Interviews Rape-Denier Hillary Clinton" and I lol'd.
no idea who she is but she looks like she has a tumblr
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

well she's a mad racist so
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by Rossenrot
I saw a headline today about her interview with the Hillary titled "Rape-Hoaxer Lena Dunham Interviews Rape-Denier Hillary Clinton" and I lol'd.
Nice.

Yeah I dunno much about this Dunham but John Oliver's new show is pretty obnoxious.
Finally, someone else who hates that bitch. What a self-important bitch she is
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
She looks like an old potato

I don't really know anything she's said because I'll see her face in the headline and be all "ewww" and click on something else.

I'm really nice like that
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Sep 29, 2015,
whenever I want to horrify myself I read anything she's ever said about india

I still watch girls though because I like some of the other characters on that show and it is entertaining. I would like to read her memoir since there was such a hullabaloo about it but I don't want to give her money so I'll just wait until I find it for free somewhere
cat
Quote by guitarxo at #33616404
I still watch girls though because I like some of the other characters on that show and it is entertaining. I would like to read her memoir since there was such a hullabaloo about it but I don't want to give her money so I'll just wait until I find it for free somewhere

something about her fondling her sister when they were very young or something. The excerpt is floating about on the Internet somewhere, I think I've read it before.
Free Ali
Quote by bradulator
Haha

Lena Dunham Went to India And Felt Really Sorry for All of the Stray Dogs
http://theaerogram.com/lena-dunham-went-to-india-and-felt-really-sorry-for-all-of-the-stray-dogs/

the strays on my grandparents' street in india are in better shape than the people who live in the slum on the intersection :/

Quote by chrismendiola
something about her fondling her sister when they were very young or something. The excerpt is floating about on the Internet somewhere, I think I've read it before.

yeah I've read that excerpt, which is what piqued my interest
cat
Quote by guitarxo at #33616426
yeah I've read that excerpt, which is what piqued my interest

I can't imagine much else of it is interesting.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
I can't imagine much else of it is interesting.

I really just want to read it because i'm nosy and I want to know about other peoples lives
cat
if you think girls is bad, watch tiny furniture

also racist and way too self-proclaiming
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I genuinely dont know anything about dunham except for the things I learned in this thread and that she apparently did some kinda rapey things allegedly right

Oh yeah and that she isnt attractive... At all
Haha she dated a guy named Jack Antonoff
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
When people complain about dopey & oblivious feminists, this is the chick they're talking about.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Isn't she the one who molested her little sister and a bunch of people ignored it because she made that crappy sitcom or something?

I remember a bunch of people posting about it on bookface a few months ago.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
She molested her little sister so yeah terrible terrible person

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Every time I hear her speak I want to run over a kitten with a lawn mower.....

She's one of those people that just has to use their fame to be a preachy pain in the arse
Quote by ErikLensherr
When people complain about dopey & oblivious feminists, this is the chick they're talking about.

I don't think so tbh, I've met a ton of girls who pretty much idolise this idiot and think that she's inspiring and powerful yadda yadda yadda
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by chrismendiola

It was also her claim to have been raped by a fellow student and member of the Republican club (she reiterates his political persuasion over and over) when she was in college, but her story didn't survive the slightest scrutiny and the publisher immediately altered the book when the accused took legal action.
Quote by Rossenrot
It was also her claim to have been raped by a fellow student and member of the Republican club (she reiterates his political persuasion over and over) when she was in college, but her story didn't survive the slightest scrutiny and the publisher immediately altered the book when the accused took legal action.

Oh yeah, funny how she doesn't get on her soap box about that anymore.....
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by necrosis1193
Isn't she the one who molested her little sister and a bunch of people ignored it because she made that crappy sitcom or something?

They ignored it because they agree with her politics. It's the left-wing equivalent of Mike Huckabee excusing Josh Duggar.

Lena Dunham is an awful person.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Someone wanna fill me in on this lady? Google search is full of people's opinions about her and none of her actual writings.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Someone wanna fill me in on this lady? Google search is full of people's opinions about her and none of her actual writings.

I haven't read any of these so I have no opinion, but http://www.newyorker.com/contributors/lena-dunham

I read this http://thisrecording.com/today/2011/3/19/in-which-we-regularly-play-ping-pong-with-the-princess-masak.html

I mostly just know what she says from interviews and people writing about those interviews
cat
I like Girls and admire Lena Dunham. There's some ignorant statements in this thread, but first

Quote by steve_muse
well she's a mad racist so

Quote by vintage x metal
if you think girls is bad, watch tiny furniture

also racist and way too self-proclaiming

Good god Tiny Furniture was a fucking chore to watch. Having more characters has helped Girls in more ways than one. But the racist thing I've never heard of before. What's that about?

Now, to clear a couple things up:

Quote by necrosis1193

A bunch of people ignored it cuz it apparently isn't abuse as much as typical developmental sexuality. It's also something about her childhood she openly shared. It wasn't confessional. It wasn't anything new either.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/11/04/lena_dunham_sibling_sexual_abuse_allegations_ridiculous_and_dangerous.html

Quote by Rossenrot

Last thing: this is a pretty skewed way of putting things. A conservative publication tried to track down the accused, and found someone with the name Barry who attended the college when Dunham did. Dunham stated that 'Barry' is just a pseudonym. After legal action, they changed the pseudonym in the book because of the possible negative attention an actual guy called Barry was experiencing. Saying that the book was "altered" implies that they've withdrawn the claim, which they haven't at all. As well, saying it didn't survive the "slightest scrutiny" when that slight scrutiny was a conservative publication and some random dude called Barry who had nothing to do with the incident heavily implies that her claims are false, when there's no evidence to support that.
I think Lena Dunham is a smart, intelligent, brave woman. The way she stands up for women's rights is admirable. She is a real hero.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
She's a stupid, fat cow.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Last thing: this is a pretty skewed way of putting things. A conservative publication tried to track down the accused, and found someone with the name Barry who attended the college when Dunham did. Dunham stated that 'Barry' is just a pseudonym. After legal action, they changed the pseudonym in the book because of the possible negative attention an actual guy called Barry was experiencing. Saying that the book was "altered" implies that they've withdrawn the claim, which they haven't at all. As well, saying it didn't survive the "slightest scrutiny" when that slight scrutiny was a conservative publication and some random dude called Barry who had nothing to do with the incident heavily implies that her claims are false, when there's no evidence to support that.

Conflicting reports - the result of Dunham's fabulism - amalgamated two students at Oberlin that were her classmates with eerily specific descriptions that defied the odds. The detailed description of her attacker and subsequent claim that she didn't want to out him are suspect. Dunham may have been sexually assaulted, but if she was, her story is vague and her inexact account was reckless.

Also, of you want to see what hate looks like:
Quote by Not That Kind of Girl
I told the story to my best friend Audrey who winced. Firstly because he was a Republican and secondly because, she whispered “you were raped.”
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
heavily implies that her claims are false, when there's no evidence to support that.

Nor is there any evidence to support that they are true. Given that it's her claim, isn't it her job to support it instead of someone else's job to refute it?

If I were to say malicious things about you, isn't the burden on me to show cause rather than on you to refute?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
A bunch of people ignored it cuz it apparently isn't abuse as much as typical developmental sexuality. It's also something about her childhood she openly shared. It wasn't confessional. It wasn't anything new either.

Ehh I think Lena Dunham's full of shit and generally a pretty crap person and I don't like the fact that she wrote about this at all but on the other hand I do think it's bizarre that people think they can judge her for what she did at the age of 7.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I like Girls and admire Lena Dunham. There's some ignorant statements in this thread, but first

Good god Tiny Furniture was a fucking chore to watch. Having more characters has helped Girls in more ways than one. But the racist thing I've never heard of before. What's that about?

She has posted photos tying sweatshirts around her head and captioning them as "fundamentalist", just one example of many. I don't even care about the sister stuff.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Ehh I think Lena Dunham's full of shit and generally a pretty crap person and I don't like the fact that she wrote about this at all but on the other hand I do think it's bizarre that people think they can judge her for what she did at the age of 7.

Again, I have beef with Dunham aside from any of this stuff, but she also writes about masturbating at age 17 beside her sister's "writhing body", and her sister never agreed to any of this being published (to my knowledge... someone may have a different source.)
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Again, I have beef with Dunham aside from any of this stuff, but she also writes about masturbating at age 17 beside her sister's "writhing body", and her sister never agreed to any of this being published (to my knowledge... someone may have a different source.)

If she wrote it like that in the book, I'd have to say that's a creepy cringefest of describing it
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Page 1 of 2