Hey guys hope your all well.

Here's the thing am currently having lessons at the moment on guitar and ive struggled for a while to learn about rytham and counting in songs that was my weak point, but now i feel am slowly getting better at it. And am working on learning nickelback with rockstar, my point is i know my open chords and couple of power chords and fairly good doing simple strumming, but am struggling on what to learn next, am trying to stick to my teachers plan. Because am a rythamst player, rocky kind of person who likes a good drum beat to a song. During my practice schedule i feel am doing the same stuff over and over but want to start something new. So i was hoping you guys would give me some tips on what to learn or study. Also i don't feel i have set enough goals to get where i want to be.

Thanks guys Keep on rocking
Last edited by Doommachine619 at Sep 29, 2015,
Since you have a teacher, this is exactly what they should be helping you with. If you're paying them, you also may want to think about if you're wasting your money. I don't want to get too involved here without knowing you or your situation, but I think it might be worth looking at.
You should be doing things over and over. That's what builds muscle memory and your "feel." By feel I mean getting used to how your neck and fretboard feels so you can play without looking eventually. Ya know?
He's a good teacher edg but i feel i want to say can we move on to something new but i don't think he feels am ready yet because am just doing simple rhythm basic stuff, so i ain't gonna stop going. Esky my muscles are getting more used to it everyday when i do the finger dexterity drills but i still have one problem of is that i haven't developed the relationship on tapping my foot yet to the beat. I can do it when am not moving have it in my head,but i know it helps using your foot to stay in time. Then its coming up with the patterns to have a chord progression i want to advanced a little bit more into that so maybe i could work on that for now ?
Quote by Doommachine619
He's a good teacher edg but i feel i want to say can we move on to something new but i don't think he feels am ready yet because am just doing simple rhythm basic stuff, so i ain't gonna stop going.

Sure. I'm just some guy on a forum and I didn't really want to get into it a lot because I don't really know what your teacher-student relationship is.

For something new to try, I might suggest trying my sweep arpeggio practice. It's something I do a lot and I've got some vids and stuff if you check out the link in my profile. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have if you want to take a go at it.