Hi guys! I just recorded a solo for a contest using Guitar Rig 5, Malmsteen preset. I like that preset mostly because it's one of the few that give a nice "real" dynamic feedback to the player but also because of the "piercing" sound.. Now the questions

1) I want to buy an amp to record with, i think a marshall combo on crunch settings could do the job (in addition to a booster/overdrive pedal maybe and a touch of delay), what do you think?

2) Regarding the attached video, i might have done something wrong with the mixing, on my pc speakers (crappy but big stereo monitors) the solo sounds full and well "amalgamated" with the backing track, but on my phone speakers i can just hear the damn solo alone!! How should i proceed in doing a better mixing job?? (i'm sorry for the noobness..)

Video attached:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufNoWxchgyc
Just mix the solo in a lot softer than it is now. It's way too loud compared to the backing track. Of course mixing it in like this is harder since you don't have full control over all the separate elements that make up the backing track. However just a reduction on the solo's volume will make up for the fact you can't hear the backing track on your phone. I can almost only hear the snare really subtle being hit underneath your solo in my own studio on good reference monitors..
I was just thinking about the dsl40, not the best clean sound in my opinion, but the crunch setting is pretty good.. i'll listen some demo of the MT-AD, thanks for the tip!
Quote by caardo
I was just thinking about the dsl40, not the best clean sound in my opinion, but the crunch setting is pretty good.. i'll listen some demo of the MT-AD, thanks for the tip!

You mention Yngwie, nowhere did you ask for good clean tone

There was one guy on this forum (Vacha?) that got that delay to cop Malmsteen and it did the job for him. I use it all the time for leads, check the leads on High Speed..." on Egregore in my link to get an idea what it sounds.
Can you give me a direct link to the sample you were telling me about? I can't find any "high speed.." in the link, just high energy ! (which is anyway very yngwiesque )