Hi,

I'm probably going to sound stupid here, but I could really use some advice!

I've refinished, and upgraded my cheap Yamaha Pacifica (think it's the 112), and I can't figure out where to run the cable to the jack plug.

There's a hole in the bottom of the guitar where the jack plug goes, but there's no holes to run the cables through.

It worked before I took it apart, and it's probably a simple answer, but I really am stuck.

Do I drill a hole to run the cables, or is there a simpler way?

Thank you

Kate

Your guitar probably has a hole on the edge. That gets filled up with a jack and a plate (which keeps the jack from flopping around and fastens it to the guitar), and you run the internal guitar wires to that jack.

Here's what it looks like inside:

And you usually have your choice of plate colors:

Maybe you finished over the hole for the cables? I can safely promise you it's there, fam
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by kateuk20

There's a hole in the bottom of the guitar where the jack plug goes, but there's no holes to run the cables through.

Do I drill a hole to run the cables, or is there a simpler way?

There should be a "tunnel" from the control cavity under the pickguard to the place where the output jack goes.

Last edited by dspellman at Sep 30, 2015,
Something tells me you might've gotten paint down the hole for the cables. It's surely there, just maybe poke around with an awl until you find it.
..I was watching my death.
If that's the guitar I think it is, it's basically a strat copy.

You'll have to take the pickguard off, and at least loosen the strings, then get a clothes hanger and straighten it Cut off the curly part. Run it through the hole in the pickup cavity just below the bridge, and it should poke through the paint you almost certainly covered the hole for the wires with. I promise it is there.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...