Have someone tried one of this?
I decided to buy a IRT Studio and have the options of buying either this IRT 212 cab, custom made for the irt amp series or the Laney GS212PE with the Celestion V30 on it...

The GS212 is twi the price of the IRT212... I'm not able to test any of those as I buy through internet, both of them have discount prices in the store where I'm going to buy it but don't know if I should pull the trigger for the Celestionv30 cab or if I'll be fine with the IRT cab...

is the quality and sound difference really much between the two of them? would it be worth to buy the GS over the IRT being twice the price of the IRT?

Thanks guys and excuse me for annoy you with all my doubts!
Cabinets for guitar are merely carpentry. Wood and labor. They become expensive when you put logo badges on them. "Custom made" usually means the tolex matches. Woo.

The speakers inside are what are important, and I'm personally fond of well-broken-in Vintage 30's, but Your Mileage May Vary.
That's my main concern! I've never play with Head + cab, always combo and don't know how the v30's sound or how good they are, but the prices is twice the IRT cab, I read a post where someone stated that the IRT was pretty good and he'd recommend it over the GS212 but didn't wanted to necrobump that tread so here I am...
I have the IRT112 and while I don't have a lot of experience with cabs, it definitely sounds nice to me for pretty much everything from cleans to brvtvlz.

Maybe people with more experience can advise better, but I wouldn't get the other one if the price is literally two times higher, and you can always just change speakers in the IRT cab. (It's really solidly made, and looks really cool imo.)
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There's no point in trying to convince a moron.
For the cheaper alternative to Vintage 30s you could always look at WGS. They are fairly inexpensive and sound great. Vintage 30s are a go to favorite for a reason though.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by bobafettacheese
For the cheaper alternative to Vintage 30s you could always look at WGS. They are fairly inexpensive and sound great. Vintage 30s are a go to favorite for a reason though.

I suspect shipping would make that alternative less attractive...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by bobafettacheese

Never heard of them, but I wanted to know beacause well, if the IRT cab souds like Sh** and I had to invest in a pair of speakers well... here in Mexico I'd pay almost the price of the GS212 for two V30's...
Quote by carpercen
Never heard of them, but I wanted to know beacause well, if the IRT cab souds like Sh** and I had to invest in a pair of speakers well... here in Mexico I'd pay almost the price of the GS212 for two V30's...

Shipping from WGS would probably run about $85, and the Veteran 30's are $69 each, for an approximate total of $223. (All costs in US $)

What would 2 V30's cost you locally?

It's my opinion that the WGS speakers are "better" than the V30's, but that's a subjective opinion.
Charles Darwin
^Good point. I completely neglected his location.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
Line 6 M13
Quote by bobafettacheese
^Good point. I completely neglected his location.

It was a good suggestion, it's just that we all get asspacked so hard on international shipping that sometimes it's just not viable.

I've often wondered if a "shipping clearinghouse" business would have potential. Something where you accumulate items and ship them via inexpensive freight to a central destination in a given country and then post them via domestic services. I can throw a small shipping container on a boat to Australia for not much more than the USPS cost to ship a couple of speakers there, so the potential savings do exist.

It would have maybe a 30 day wait for shipped items, but I'm thinking it could cut shipping costs in half for a lot of items, especially heavier or bulkier ones.

Thoughts?
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Sep 30, 2015,
Quote by dspellman
Cabinets for guitar are merely carpentry. Wood and labor. They become expensive when you put logo badges on them. "Custom made" usually means the tolex matches. Woo.

The speakers inside are what are important, and I'm personally fond of well-broken-in Vintage 30's, but Your Mileage May Vary.

What? I've read enough of your posts to know that you know how misleading this is. Cabinets vary pretty wildly in construction and resulting sound... You know that better than me, I suspect.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Arby911
It was a good suggestion, it's just that we all get asspacked so hard on international shipping that sometimes it's just not viable.

I've often wondered if a "shipping clearinghouse" business would have potential. Something where you accumulate items and ship them via inexpensive freight to a central destination in a given country and then post them via domestic services. I can throw a small shipping container on a boat to Australia for not much more than the USPS cost to ship a couple of speakers there, so the potential savings do exist.

It would have maybe a 30 day wait for shipped items, but I'm thinking it could cut shipping costs in half for a lot of items, especially heavier or bulkier ones.

Thoughts?

That sounds like an interesting venture. There have been many times where something is recommended only to realize that shipping and customs make the suggestion almost null and void. Likewise, there have been items outside the US that have peeked my interest but once shipping and the like are factored in, it is not worth it.

You're idea of a middle man to do this is interesting. Not to derail the thread, but I'm curious as to how it would work and if it would. Then supply and demand might derail that whole notion.
Line 6 M13
Quote by Arby911

A friend of mine in the Philippines does this very thing. He hand-sews backpacks. He gets a sizeable "bale" of them together, ships them to his brother here in the US, and his brother then ships them out to their destinations. Saves him a TON of money. You wait longer for your backpack, but his prices and quality more than make up for it.
Id get the cab with the V30's in it.
The IRT cabs are pretty crap tbh
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
Id get the cab with the V30's in it.
The IRT cabs are pretty crap tbh

Thanks bro! Unfortunately the 20% off price is done now... but I found a used one even cheaper... hope it is in good shape!
Quote by Arby911

Thoughts?

If you get it set up I'll be your UK hub
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb