Page 1 of 2
This is not going to end well.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
This is simply about Russia having a bigger dickhead in charge than the US, a small-scale version of the Cold War, and Putin wanting to strut and flex.

Nobody wins, Syria loses.

Same as it ever was.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
How does no one win if ISIS gets defeated?

But they don't seem to deploy ground troops at the moment, so I don't know what this achieves more than the Allied bombings.

Plus the American airstrikes are against international law, those of Russia aren't cause they asked permission of the Syria government.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Sep 30, 2015,
Quote by Neo Evil11

But they don't seem to deploy ground troops at the moment, so I don't know what this achieves more than the Allied bombings.

Are you saying Syrian Rebels = ISIS? Given that the rebels (at least some of them anyway) have been fighting ISIS, that's a pretty unusual statement.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
This is simply about Russia having a bigger dickhead in charge than the US, a small-scale version of the Cold War, and Putin wanting to strut and flex.

Nobody wins, Syria loses.

Same as it ever was.

Syria was going to lose anyway. The Middle East is a dumpster fire, largely of the USA's making, so what room does the USA have to criticize ANY other nation's actions over there?

Let Putin play. Maybe he'll square the ISIS problem away.
Imagine supporting Assad

I maintain that the real solution here is to just nuke Iraq/Syria, build a gigantic wall around them or encase them in a large dome of some sort. These are clearly the only rational solutions.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Neo Evil11

Plus the American airstrikes are against international law, those of Russia aren't cause they asked permission of the Syria government.

If Isis is defeated then dickhead Assad stays in power. If Isis wins the Syria will be ruled by a dickhead worst than Assad. There is no winning here.
Quote by Arby911
Are you saying Syrian Rebels = ISIS? Given that the rebels (at least some of them anyway) have been fighting ISIS, that's a pretty unusual statement.

I am saying that I believe Russia will be bombing ISIS as well. Also some of the Syrian rebels have given their western weapons to al-Qaeda so not sure if you should root for them.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I am saying that I believe Russia will be bombing ISIS as well. Also some of the Syrian rebels have given their western weapons to al-Qaeda so not sure if you should root for them.

I wasn't aware I was rooting for anyone?
Charles Darwin
Quote by Neo Evil11

Short of a genocide ISIS isn’t going to be defeated militarily. Arrogant foreigners bombing Muslims creates violent fanatics, not the other way around. The only way to defeat ISIS is to offer the people of the Middle East a better option, and that would require the assholes running the world to approach this constructively rather than just blowing stuff up and propping up dictators, which isn’t going to happen.
"We're talking specifically about Syria and we are not talking about achieving foreign policy goals or about satisfying our ambitions ... but exclusively about the national interests of the Russian Federation," said Ivanov.

...uhhhhh

that sounds like a double contradiction right there
Syria is clearly rightfully and historically part of Russia.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Good we should've allied with Assad years ago. Realpolitik, muthafuckas.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
the assad regime is crap and they screwed themselves. their 'counter-terrorist' operations last year were 6% aimed at ISIS, and 94% aimed at opposition groups.

thanks france
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
the assad regime is crap and they screwed themselves. their 'counter-terrorist' operations last year were 6% aimed at ISIS, and 94% aimed at opposition groups.

thanks france

I remember a year or two ago, Assad was boasting how he was going to beat the rebels by the end of the year. Fast forward to now and Syria is nothing more than a gigantic hell hole of death.
the first assad was a master at using his spies to constantly pit opposition groups against each other. the current one just went "lol kill everybody" and now there's all this crap and ugh
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
The first Assad perfected "lol kill everybody" they didn't call his little brother the Butcher of Hama for his brisket.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Seriously, America and Europe need to step up and accept these Syrian refugees. Have some goddamn empathy for once.
^huu

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by jpnyc
Short of a genocide ISIS isn’t going to be defeated militarily. Arrogant foreigners bombing Muslims creates violent fanatics, not the other way around. The only way to defeat ISIS is to offer the people of the Middle East a better option, and that would require the assholes running the world to approach this constructively rather than just blowing stuff up and propping up dictators, which isn’t going to happen.

Yes. Cause it is problems in their personal lives that leads to them going there, not islam. And I was hoping for a genocide.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Syria is clearly rightfully and historically part of Russia.

we are all children of mother russia
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by WaterGod
Seriously, America and Europe need to step up and accept these Syrian refugees. Have some goddamn empathy for once.

Are we including Russia in that?
Charles Darwin
Quote by WaterGod

this is a hella stupid post dude
Quote by Rossenrot
this is a hella stupid post dude

Yup. This is all America's fault.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by beadhangingOne
Do bombs create more terrorists than they kill?

Depends on the type of bomb and where it's detonated.
Charles Darwin
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Yup. This is all America's fault.

It really is. We should just cede a large chunk of Texas to the refugees and call it a day.
Quote by WaterGod
It really is. We should just cede a large chunk of Texas to the refugees and call it a day.

We've got some land here that's somewhat similar to what they are used to, so that's not a bad idea. I don't known about "cede", but if they want to settle it I'm up for that. We can always use more good folks as taxpayers, and it's likely that the vast majority of the refugees are pretty good people.

Bring 'em on.
Charles Darwin
Quote by WaterGod
Have some goddamn empathy for once.

Quote by WaterGod
cede a large chunk of Texas to the refugees

Which one is it?
Quote by Rossenrot
Which one is it?
I experienced a range of emotions when I read that, as noted below...

Charles Darwin
Quote by Rossenrot
Which one is it?

Which chunk of Texas?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Sounds like they're just Russian into this
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Which chunk of Texas?

Give 'em parcels in Palo Duro Canyon State Park. I suspect they would do amazing things with it.
Charles Darwin
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Which chunk of Texas?

Doesn't matter. Anything would be an improvement over the shitkickers they have there now.
Quote by Arby911
I experienced a range of emotions when I read that, as noted below...

tbh though, I've spent a long time in both Texas and Missouri, and I prefer Texas.
Page 1 of 2