Page 1 of 2
yesterday I checked the weather and it's all "oh man three tropical storms gonna hit the east coast of the usa" and so I was expecting rain throughout the week. we had a good amount yesterady and some more today. Now oneo f the tropical storms is turning into a hurricane, and could go pretty much right through where I am. Were this to happen, we're going to have high wind, 12" or more of rain throughout the weekend. etc. super intense. also will be my first coastal storm so that is cool.

when has it rained alot where youlive and what happened
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
come on

rain down

on me
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Eastwinn
discard this message

throw this bottle back into the ocean
It only rained twice this summer.

Once it lasted 30 days, and the other time 45.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
God loves his chiiiilddddreeeeennnnnnnn

God loves his chiiiiillllldreeeeennnnnn yaaaaaa
Meh, if conditions work out right perhaps we'll finally be rid of Chris Christie.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
can't wait till it rains over here

it's hot

i get a sweaty ass

i love the rain
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by whywefight
God loves his chiiiilddddreeeeennnnnnnn

God loves his chiiiiillllldreeeeennnnnn yaaaaaa

ambition makes you look pretty ugly
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
i used to live in a tropical land where it would rain every day and flood a couple times a year because of climate change

i'm sort of excited to see this storm tbh because ever since moving here i keep hearing people talk about how awful the rain was yesterday and it was barely a drizzle and i miss real storms where the raindrops are ginormous and go SPLAT when they hit the sidewalk and your shoes get soaked and there's sideways rain
cat
Quote by guitarxo
i used to live in a tropical land where it would rain every day and flood a couple times a year because of climate change

Charles Darwin
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by guitarxo
yes?

In the tropics, there's a wet season and a dry season. No others.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
In the tropics, there's a wet season and a dry season. No others.

yes......?
cat
Quote by guitarxo
yes......?

That's not really to do with climate change; it's latitude.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
That's not really to do with climate change; it's latitude.

Oh I didn't mean that. The amount of rainfall during the wet season has increased to the point where there really isn't anything else that can be done to prevent or reduce the impact of flash flooding, and the dry season has become longer and hotter.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
Oh I didn't mean that. The amount of rainfall during the wet season has increased to the point where there really isn't anything else that can be done to prevent or reduce the impact of flash flooding, and the dry season has become longer and hotter.

Fair dos.
Quote by Diemon Dave
It rained while I was up a mountain/very big hill in Scotland with my gf, 843m high, and the rain soaked us through like 2 layers of waterproof coats

it was unpleasant, and I usually love the rain
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Bladez22
It rained while I was up a mountain/very big hill in Scotland with my gf, 843m high, and the rain soaked us through like 2 layers of waterproof coats

Clearly not.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911 at #33617397
Clearly not.

not when its raining and so windy that the rain is coming down sideways, into your face, and then running down into your coats through the top. I honestly felt a little violated at times
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
I was caught in a flash flood at a concert last year, it was a pretty interesting experience. I could jump in a lake and somehow be less soaked than I was that day. Good times.

My town is pretty well known for bad flooding but no serious flood happened in my lifetime.
Quote by Bladez22

I know that feel. I've done Snowden three times, and the first two were on lovely days, but the last one was brutal. Went up the miner's track, which isn't hard at all really. But it was about 1°c, if that, chucking it down with high winds. got through it alright and then woke up the next day with hypothermia
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel at #33617738
I know that feel. I've done Snowden three times, and the first two were on lovely days, but the last one was brutal. Went up the miner's track, which isn't hard at all really. But it was about 1°c, if that, chucking it down with high winds. got through it alright and then woke up the next day with hypothermia

hypothermia isn't fun

I think my gf wants to climb that one next, did you stay at a campsite near it?
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
where do you live?

Anyway, Hurricane Sandy a few years ago was pretty bad. We didn't flood because we're kind of on a hill but there were downed trees everywhere, and power was out for a bit.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Sep 30, 2015,
in year 8 the town my high school was in flooded

didn't get home until 8 pm, but some people had to stay the night at the school lol
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Bladez22
hypothermia isn't fun

I think my gf wants to climb that one next, did you stay at a campsite near it?

i can't remember what it was called, but we stayed at some guest house in blanaue ffestiniog or whatever. can't remember which property it was. We were there for about two weeks though, doing a few stints in snowdonia, caenarvon castle, port meiron. so not a campsite as such, and there were a bunh of us so we needed aproperty that could hold seven people for two weeks

so yeah wish I could help more lol
it's all coming back

Quote by WCPhils
where do you live?

virginia
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel

when has it rained alot where youlive and what happened

I lived in Ireland for 23 years, and it rain for 23 years.
I think there was 1 day when the sun came out for an hour but I was asleep on the couch, so I think the lads were joking.
My brother's car was dead during Sandy, and he was afraid the neighbors tree was gonna fall on it. We pushed it into the backyard a few hours into the storm, during the worst of the rain. By the time we got it in the backyard, you would have thought we went swimming.

But besides from that, my family is slowly turning into a house of alcoholics. So getting bread and milk has turned into getting liquor and beer.
Quote by guitarxo

i'm sort of excited to see this storm tbh because ever since moving here i keep hearing people talk about how awful the rain was yesterday and it was barely a drizzle and i miss real storms where the raindrops are ginormous and go SPLAT when they hit the sidewalk and your shoes get soaked and there's sideways rain

It won't be quite this extreme where you're at, but it could get pretty nasty depending on where the storm hits, and how strong it is at that point:

https://youtu.be/QDFK40UMotc

Expect power outages, and a lot of debris from trees. Possibly minor damage to some buildings.
Sandy was probably the worst storm in my area during my lifetime. We had flooding close to levels that weren't seen since the early 1970s. I think power was out for about 3 days after that. Lots of damage to trees.
This one time it rained a lot for at least one whole evening and then there were deep puddles everywhere and my pants got wet when I rode through them on my bike. This is almost a yearly occurrence over here, sometimes it rains this hard two or three times a year even!

Having a boring climate is cool because you avoid all the death and suffering and stuff, but it can be boring
It rained pretty bad the Christmas before last. Proper driving rain and gale-force winds for a good two weeks.
I have also been to the other end of the spectrum and went through a bushfire, twice.

First time wasn't bad but second time the three houses in town that burned down were all in my street and the flames were 20 feet tall and moving at more than 80km/h
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Page 1 of 2