Page 1 of 2
A shitty iphone that only had 8gb when I wanted the 32gb one.

My parents suck
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
some would say money as a giving gift

but it was an identical copy of a book I already had for a receiving gift
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
My own tennis ball wrapped in half a roll of parcel tape, and £2 in 2ps in a plain envelope
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Gave a friend a high quality 86 Kramer.....wish id never done that.

And i recieved socks and shaving cream.
Gave a penis mold to my GF after she planned a rad golf adventure bday for me...........almost broke up, now we are married so I guess it worked
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
a hamper of random foodstuffs "because i like fancy food". and it was like crappy versions of things too, like really crap crackers and rank truffle honey and diseased looking pate and possibly the worst wine I've ever had. and this was from one of my sisters, we normally make an effort and avoid stupid mundane crap but that basket screamed "idk what to get you so here's some shit". I got her a sweet handmade cane with a metal skull on it that year ffs.

i mean idc about gifts really, but if you are going to get me something don't give me some total "idgaf" gift. rather have nothing at all, since then I'm not lumbered with some crap I don't want but can't immediately throwaway cause I don't want people insulted and cause I hate wastage.

oh one time someone got me a cliche "guys" gift of a cologne and deodrant pack. it was some people from work and I guess that's what they're used to giving to their sons and husbands and such but to me that shit is super lame. cracks me up when I hang around people who think scented liquid in a fancy bottle is an okay gift for their loved ones. i could forgive them doing it cause they're boring people who i'm indifferent towards but if anyone I cared about gave me perfume as a srs gift, I'd be more insulted than I was when I received that shitty hamper. I mean at least that shitty hamper had some kind of though behind my tastes, even if it was lazy thought.

edit: it sounds like I'm really into gifts, but I'm not. prefer giving gifts and hate receiving them but i feel if someone is going to give me something, at least make it interesting otherwise it just comes off as an empty gesture you're doing out of courtesy rather than appreciation.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Gave my ex wife an ironing board for our anniversary. Wasn't ex wife yet at that time.

Looking back, I don't think that helped things.
Quote by pressureproject
Gave my ex wife an ironing board for our anniversary. Wasn't ex wife yet at that time.

Looking back, I don't think that helped things.

was it a nice ironing board though? and did she like ironing?

i acutally like ironing and do it every morning before I leave as a kind of ritual thing instead of ironing everything in one go on the weekend or something. my current one is a pos and I would love some well made one (only ever see shitty cheap ones in the stores)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Best gift I received was from my brother, we don't normally give each other stuff, but this one started as a joke. What it was was a framed black & white photo of a partially shirtless Nicholas Cage. All he did was print it, cut it out, and stick it in this tiny 5x3cm frame he had lying around. It wasn't even my birthday or anything special like that and it was a complete surprise, and it was honestly the best gift I've ever received. I need to get him back for it.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by theguitarist

edit: it sounds like I'm really into gifts, but I'm not. prefer giving gifts and hate receiving them but i feel if someone is going to give me something, at least make it interesting otherwise it just comes off as an empty gesture you're doing out of courtesy rather than appreciation.

I hear you. Two things I hate in the lead up to Christmas, people asking me what I want, and my mum or dad offering me the chance to 'cash in' my gift for something I want in like June or something.

Seriously, if you think enough of me to get me a gift, you know me well enough to know what I like, and 'cashing in' gifts just makes the whole thing seem like an obligatory thing ugh.
Worst gift I ever received was a small tree in a pot plant with scratchies attached to the branches.

Still won 6 bucks off it though.......
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I'm not a fan of birthday cards, unless they're really funny or relevant to the person receiving the card. My mom got me one last year which had a sad elderly guy in a wheelchair on the front, and which said something along the lines of: Hooray, another year older!

And then you opened it and it had the old guy smiling with above that the text: One less to go!

I can just imagine my mom in the store, laughing her ass of, thinking "hehe, yup, my son's going to die one day!"

But then other people will give you a card that just has a glass of champagne on the front and you're left there standing feeling kinda thirsty.
Blow job but there was a bit of teeth and it was awful

More materially, my sister got me Borat on DVD for my last birthday. I'm not quite sure why as I have seen Borat before, have Netflix, and expressed no desire for a Borat DVD I will never watch.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
More materially, my sister got me Borat on DVD for my last birthday. I'm not quite sure why as I have seen Borat before, have Netflix, and expressed no desire for a Borat DVD I will never watch.

Great success!
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
My parents argue about this shit all the time. My mom will ask for something specific, and my dad will go ahead and buy something completely different which he considers better, even though he won't be the one using it. He calls her ungrateful, while she says he didn't listen. Then she just buys herself what she wanted.

We have two vaccuum cleaners, two telephones and two kettles.

As for me, I can't really think of a bad gift, but there have been a few that I'd call unnecessary.
best gift I ever got was a blowjob coupon book from an ex-girlfriend.

Worst gift I ever got was a t-shirt with a scene from the Titanic on it.
GEEYUR :

X) Schecter Tempest Custom f/w SD SH-6

X) Ibanez RG321MH f/w SD SH-11

X) AMT Pangea CP-100 ( AWWW YIS )

X) Line 6 POD HD 500X

When you licky-bum-bum so hard you get sticky num-nums.
I can't think of any gift I straight up didn't like. Just the fact that somebody's thoughtful enough to give me a gift is enough to make me happy.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
My dad used to send me crap he grabbed out of his desk drawer for xmas and birthday presents.
I mean office type shit like pens, post it notes, erasers, staplers, old calendars etc.
pussay
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by ErikLensherr
I can't think of any gift I straight up didn't like. Just the fact that somebody's thoughtful enough to give me a gift is enough to make me happy.

Truth.
An iPod Shuffle. It wasn't a bad gift per se and I appreciated the gesture a lot, but the product itself...man, I still haven't figured out how to put songs on it. And yes, I know I need iTunes. So it's still brand new and just collects dust on the shelf.
this
My mom gets me a lot of really awful t-shirts with pictures of guitars and stuff like that. Just awful looking stuff from a design point. Also not really a gift, but I like spicy food and so whenever my mom is at the grocery store and sees something jalapeño or chipotle flavored, she insists on buying it for me... despite me telling her every single time that I don't care for jalapeño or chipotle.

Quote by theguitarist

You should buy me gifts.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Dick Savage
Whats the worst gift you've ever given/received?

Usually if you start a thread with such a question you are usually expected to the answer it yourself too. So what was yours?

Mine...My ex-sister-in-law thought I would like a VHS tape of "The Real World" best scenes or something like that. She insisted we watch it right then and there and I never watched it ever again. I think handing me $20 would have been better than that.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Last edited by fingerguy at Oct 1, 2015,
My ex girlfriend gave me a bible verse for my birthday one year... As in she wrote one down on a slip of paper and read it to me.... I guess turning 22 is the perfect time to try and convert someone
Quote by MetalMullet
An iPod Shuffle. It wasn't a bad gift per se and I appreciated the gesture a lot, but the product itself...man, I still haven't figured out how to put songs on it. And yes, I know I need iTunes. So it's still brand new and just collects dust on the shelf.

Was the giver aware that you are technologically illiterate?

Quote by DCErik
My ex girlfriend gave me a bible verse for my birthday one year... As in she wrote one down on a slip of paper and read it to me.... I guess turning 22 is the perfect time to try and convert someone

It was Leviticus 18:22, right?

She was sending you a message...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Oct 1, 2015,
Eh I don't really expect anything from gifts, I wouldn't even be mad if people didn't give me anything and it's mostly just study supplies and hygiene products which I can always use anyway. I guess the one time my aunt gave me a shirt I didn't particularly like but it was still a gift and it doesn't cost me anything to not wear it so whatever.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
One of the best gifts I ever got was a sheet of bubble wrap actually

hours of entertainment
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
One of the best gifts I ever got was a sheet of bubble wrap actually

hours of entertainment

My dad gave me a piece of pipe and a huge stack of magazines once. I spent the rest of the day wreaking havoc on the neighbourhood with my paper darts.

My dad thought I'd grow bored of it in an hour or so, but his face when he realised I'd gotten through the entire stack of magazines was priceless.
Quote by theguitarist

Tbh rather than a generic gift I'd rather my family members get me something useful that I need that isn't glamorous. A set of useful knives or pots and pans or stuff like that is so much more useful than some vanity shit and leaves me to spend money on stuff I'm passionate about.

Although bantery thoughtful presents between mates are good. My best friend cos me a Taylor Swift calender for my birthday and I love it because she's thought about what to give me and even though it's just some paper it's represents consideration on her part

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
If I bought my mum a pot for Christmas I'd eat up with a sore head and it'd end up with a dent.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I once got a jar of onion powder for Christmas. From my mum. I'm not one to be ungrateful, but for fucks sake
Page 1 of 2