I mean did it really? Economically, sociologically, following a technologically deterministic pathology? Necrosis didnt ask for a stimulating discussion. Let's break down the effect of a technocentric societal model as it pertains to the obsolescence of previous entertainment media.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by Acϵ♠ at Oct 1, 2015,
Idk but Joyce Manor killed my desire to open that thread again.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
oh fuck you guys we can talk about gay people and coloured people and gender equality this and trans rights that but can't even talk about something im interested in for one minute huh well fuck all a yall
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
so many bigs words I don't know

But it's tricky. Doing a quick scan of things, apparently newspapers tried to rival radio and kill it, but that didn't work. When video came in, I guess it gave images that were used by radio, ie drive in theatre (which btw is also getting driven out for the most part). I feel like radio variety has decreased since I was a 'kid' (sub ten), but that could just be weird memory stuff.

I would say talk shows and AM stuff is probably in main use, but then I remembered audio books and podcasts. I mean even though podcasts have been around for a while, Serial came in and bulldozed everything in its path and almost had a kind of "War of the Worlds" impact where people were just floored.

So I'm not sure if TV killed the radio, but Satellite radio, bluetooth, and podcasts (and audiobooks) are doing a very good job of killing FM/AM band radio.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Acϵ♠ at #33618423
oh fuck you guys we can talk about gay people and coloured people and gender equality this and trans rights that but can't even talk about something im interested in for one minute huh well fuck all a yall

Economically: Nope. Plenty of labels, artists, and stations still make a killing off of radio music. Mostly country because A. country radio listeners have crazy station loyalty, B. it's popular, and C. in the regions where it's massively popular the states are huge, meaning a lot of driving, which means being in a car instead of somewhere you can stare at a screen, so radio is still important and viable there.

Socially: Mostly. Some people still talk about what's on radio, but for most people any social interaction or discussion regarding music stars revolves around videos or concerts or CDs or something similar, not radio.

Following a technologically deterministic pathology? Not really. Just because new technology comes out doesn't mean it's going to destroy the old. Again, in certain environments and for certain applications, radio is just as if not more viable than video. Radio can adapt to the times too, look at internet radio, or things like Spotify and Pandora.

Sometimes new technology can be a dramatic swing-and-miss, too. MP3 players looked like they were going to be bulky, overpriced junk that nobody used over their Walkman or pocket radio, until Apple came along and made the iPod, which was simple enough for the lowest common denominator to use, small enough to fit in your pocket, had a ton of space - for the time anyway - and had a much easier method of uploading music than manually transferring each file, as well as of editing the song info. If that never happens, it's not unreasonable to assume that CDs are still king and MP3 players never take off. And if that never happens, digital music never takes off, which means a much different world for the music industry.

As unstoppable as the march of technological progress is, trying to apply a deterministic view to it is a fundamentally flawed proposition, because technological is such a volatile, unpredictable thing.

Breakdown of the effect of a technocentric societal model as it pertains to the obsolescence of previous entertainment media: Stop using buzzwords you don't know the meaning of to sound smart.

Happy now?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by ErikLensherr at #33618063
Idk but Joyce Manor killed my desire to open that thread again.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I am still baffled that Zac Brown is making so many videos. I rather watch videos about him and the music and music tips than a video for a song he wrote. Maybe I am alone on this but videos are just lame now and even back in the MTV days they were pointless. I only bought into it because of the age I was at. I have become much wiser since then.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Music videos have been dying for the last ten years while radio still is going stronger than people give it credit for.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
But the one thing I can't stand is the term "free radio". Whatever! That is their counter to Satellite radio.

They do not need to worry for XM was cool at first but people like me realize we are paying to listen to music for more than what we would pay for all the albums they play.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Quote by fingerguy
But the one thing I can't stand is the term "free radio". Whatever! That is their counter to Satellite radio.

well, i mean it is pretty much as free as you can get. So, I'd call it free radio.

sometimes it seems like music videos still get made because a good chunk of people youtube a song just ot listen to it, instead of watching the video. unless it's Sia. or Ok Go circa whenever they were relevant
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence