Page 1 of 2
Hi Guys,

(I apologise if this is the wrong place to post but i figured as I'm not advertising with a link simply doing research for a product that I own and use that "Guitar Gear and Accessories" was the closest category for my post)

Im going to be starting a Youtube series demonstrating a range of classic amp profiles on the Kemper, I know this has been done countless times before but I would just like to get started with something and get the Youtube Ball moving.

I was wondering what amps people would want to see included?

I would like to cover a broad spectrum genre wise so wether its a Fender Deluxe or Dual Rectifier it doesn't matter I would just appreciate suggestions on amps people actually want to see.

These will be professional videos with the best profiles for the specific amp model.

Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks
Last edited by KingKayde at Oct 1, 2015,
I'd like to see you model an HM-2 (everything maxed) through a Peavey Bandit.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
^ yes I'd watch that.

Also try and demo some amps that aren't seen around commonly.
Old bassman's, music man's...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
5e3 Tweed and 18w Marshall, show us that the Kemper can handle the "edge of breakup" dynamics that seems to be so hard for modelers.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
^ what Arby said.

I'd like to see the usuals for sure, Peavey 5150, a Rectifier, Marshalls... plus maybe some more oddball stuff, a Sunn or two (both tube and solid state would be neat), maybe some of the H&K amps like the Triamp, maybe a JCM900 SL-X instead of the usual 800s that we see all the time.

Just to see the versatility of the Kemper, I'd like to know how it handles things that aren't as run-of-the-mill
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Can it do a Dumble or does the sound get lost in the Kemper's crystal lattice?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777

The fragile harmonics are squished by all the digital compression
Not to mention that a relatively middle-of-the-road name like Kemper would interfere with the silliness of the name Dumble. We can't have that now.
Quote by theogonia777

*snot bubbles*
What is crystal lattice anyway. Sounds like meth.
Quote by theogonia777
What is crystal lattice anyway. Sounds like meth.

It's that shit I put in my salad. Though lately I've been more partial to spinach. Maybe we should try putting that I our amps
So SS stands for Salad State?
It's no wonder that Alexander Dumble hates SS amps so much.

Quote by Arby911
5e3 Tweed and 18w Marshall, show us that the Kemper can handle the "edge of breakup" dynamics that seems to be so hard for modelers.
This fer sure. People keep claiming that it can but nobody has ever risen to the challenge of actually doing it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by theogonia777 at #33619248

(Invalid img)

Quote by theogonia777

That was awesome, well done!!
Charles Darwin
Quote by Cathbard
This fer sure. People keep claiming that it can but nobody has ever risen to the challenge of actually doing it.

I think the people that care about it are actually doing it and not on a forum talking about it <G>...
Quote by Cathbard

Doubt it, that's where all modeling tech farst out and goes to the sales bin for me. That or the high gain Slayer type of sound. They all fizz out and lose punch there and the sustain ain't happening. But kids are now slapping these amps with digital drum samples doing djent so who cares? Back to my Marshall...
Quote by dspellman
I think the people that care about it are actually doing it and not on a forum talking about it <G>...

You would think that one of them could provide a demo vid then, but it's not yet happened.

To say "oh yeah it's happening, you just haven't seen it" is pretty disingenuous.
Charles Darwin
Quote by diabolical
Doubt it, that's where all modeling tech farst out and goes to the sales bin for me. That or the high gain Slayer type of sound. They all fizz out and lose punch there and the sustain ain't happening. But kids are now slapping these amps with digital drum samples doing djent so who cares? Back to my Marshall...

I don't know man, I've heard some pretty convincing thrash tones out of them... I'd say it's easier to get what you want out of real amp (hence why I have my Mesa and don't have a modeler anymore) but if you're willing to put the time in I think that most tones are pretty attainable (in reference to Slayer-type tone, I can't speak on the "edge of breakup" stuff).
I don't think I will ever understand the obsession with "edge of breakup" sounds. I don't think I will ever understand a lot of the obsessions that gear freaks have though. I'm a simple girl though. All I need is a nice high gain distortion pedal, spring reverb, slap-back echo, and a compressor for guitar and a good synth pedal that will work with a 1/4" input so I can run my pedal steel and banjo through that shit.
Quote by theogonia777
I don't think I will ever understand the obsession with "edge of breakup" sounds. I don't think I will ever understand a lot of the obsessions that gear freaks have though. I'm a simple girl though. All I need is a nice high gain distortion pedal, spring reverb, slap-back echo, and a compressor for guitar and a good synth pedal that will work with a 1/4" input so I can run my pedal steel and banjo through that shit.

It's just all these old men around here

I don't get it much either, I mean, I like all varieties of dirty and clean tones, but I've never understood the whole edge of breakup deal.
It's a blues thing.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by ambler3
Listen to Neil youngs' live album 'Rust never sleeps' then you'll understand. The raw tone there is incredible.

Can't say I liked it. To me it was like... well, that's not clean enough for a clean tone but not dirty enough for a dirt tone. Just didn't sound good at all to me.
Quote by theogonia777
Can't say I liked it. To me it was like... well, that's not clean enough for a clean tone but not dirty enough for a dirt tone. Just didn't sound good at all to me.

And that's reasonable, not everyone will appreciate every tone, but that's not to say that said tone isn't a reasonable target for those that do.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Cathbard
It's a blues thing.

And I can dig that. Sometimes I dig cleaning up my tone with my volume knob a bit, but I never found it that hard to achieve with modeler or otherwise, so I just assume I am missing the point of the "edge of breakup" thing.
It's mainly so that the smallest variation of pick attack changes the distortion. It's about expressing yourself more easily. However, it requires good technique - which may be why beginners don't get it, only we "old men."
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
It's mainly so that the smallest variation of pick attack changes the distortion. It's about expressing yourself more easily. However, it requires good technique - which may be why beginners don't get it, only we "old men."

Eeeh I don't know if it really requires that much technique to be able to vary your pick attack and control how hard you hit. It definitely takes a bit of practice but I was able to do that even after a few months of playing (I'm now in year 12 or so).

I dig the whole expressing yourself thing though I guess.
It's not hard to do - but it does require experience to do it consistently without much effort. Beginners normally find that it reveals their errors more than they'd like.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
After all, blues guitarists are known for their amazing technique.
Quote by theogonia777
After all, blues guitarists are known for their amazing technique.
Eerm, Clapton, Hendrix and Gary Moore has/had bad technique? Now your trolling has been revealed. This isn't the Pit you know? Trolling needs to be a bit more intelligent in here.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Eerm, Clapton, Hendrix and Gary Moore has/had bad technique? Now your trolling has been revealed. This isn't the Pit you know? Trolling needs to be a bit more intelligent in here.

Compared to the post 80s guys like Shawn Lane, Guthrie Govan, Marco Sfogli, Dave Martone, Shane Gibson, John5, Mattias Eklund, etc, all those guys you mentioned have far sloppily technique.
You do realized that the 70s ended and technical proficiency on guitar has increased exponentially, right?
Yet still nobody bends notes as well as Gary did. Stop trolling, it's getting tiring.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
How do you know? Have you ever listened to any of these modern guitar players? Why is it that just because I disagree with your old man opinions I am trolling?
Page 1 of 2