Hey guys I am looking at buying one of the TC Electronic Nova Systems. they are really killer pieces but I looooove my amp. I have a Marshall 2555SL from '96 running through a Marshall 1960AV speaker. I love my tone so much, but the problem is that most multi-effects that I use are pretty awful for it. And what I mean by that is that they just make my sound completely void of any of my amps natural tone. It's essentially my LP into effects into Cabinet with my amp head acting as a master volume. I have tried a couple so far via my friends who have them but nothing is good enough. I remember ages ago I played on the TC Elec G-System and that thing was amazing! I played it at Sam Ash and it let the amps tone shine through with brilliant capabilities only to make the amp tone that much better... Problem is that the G-system is like 1200 dollars. And that's just too much for effects. I saw the Nova and I have looked around but nowhere has one to try out, but I was wondering if anyone here has ever played one and knows if it lets your amp keep its natural tone while letting you add things like Reverb and the sort.
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
With an amp like that you're probably better off using a multi FX as effects only and not with a preamp as well. The preamp is where all the amp's tone comes from for the most part. So use the Marshall's preamp and the Nova's effects. Imo your main problem is your setup and not the equipment itself.

Though, personally i like Line 6's mfx product better. The Nova System is good as well.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Yea. I don't really know much about how to set it all up. I just kind of copied my buddies. Is there a way to properly set it up? And I have no real desire to use the Overdrive/Dist as my amps is killer naturally. I just really dig the reverb and stuff a lot and then having the whammy and the octaver would be pretty cool to play around with every now and then. performance wise I would probably just run a slight verb with some delay for a couple parts.
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
If you only want to use delays and verbs, runt he mfx in the FX loop of your amp and only turn on the delays and verbs. No preamps, distortions, ODs, nothing,
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
If that amp has an effects loop, yes, simply run it in the loop. The Nova System when properly set up (input gain mainly) will be transparent, not affecting incoming tone which you can easily verify by playing and then bypassing it to see the difference.

Since you have direct experience with the GSystem, perhaps you are not aware that with all new systems challenging it now, their used pricing has dropped by almost 1/2. You can get them all day for $800 or less virtually anywhere.

In fact in SoCal - here there is the red one in mint condition with a ton of accesories listed on CL for $800.

Still alot more than a NovaSystem but as you know it gives a lot more for that money.
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe