Page 1 of 11
How many more shootings will it take for the laws to change?
RIP Tom Searle.
The bodies are still warm, nobody knows what happened, what gun was used, how it was obtained, or what the motive was, but yeah demagogue away.
Many more. False concern for freedom is a powerful thing.

EDIT: RE above post tbh by this point pandering to public thought is kind of irrelevant considering how many school shootings have happened which just don't happen on the same or even a similar scale anywhere else.
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY
Last edited by Banjocal at Oct 2, 2015,
It's a shame that tragedy is just instantly reduced to satire now
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
It's a shame that tragedy is just instantly reduced to satire now
This

This this this
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
tbh that article treats the matter(s) with far more respect than the newspapers ever will

but that's not saying much
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY
America is basically the worst country in the world it must be cursed it's like they built the whole place on top of an indian burial ground or something
Not until there have been 1 billion smarmy comments made by Europeans, we're almost there guys.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by intwernet at #33619533
No matter the tool, people will continue to kill.

Yea it's too bad all methods of murder are equally as effective. If that wasn't the case then maybe we could do something about all of this.
inb4 "it's simple, get rid of the guns" etc.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
They had that one a couple of years ago where 30 children aged what 3-5 were murdered didn't they? If your country can witness and process that, then effectively say 'while the deaths of these children was upsetting, the right for embarrassing middle aged men to bear arms is more important than children's right to life' then I don't think it's ever really going to change.

At least they have those guns to protect themselves against the tyrannical government. (Well, except all those unarmed black people who don't have them that the police kill anyway, but who cares about them?)
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by ChucklesMginty at #33619561
Much to easier to cure all mental health problems and teach hundreds of million people fire arm safety.

I never understand this argument when it's brought up seriously. It's not like they're accidentally shooting up schools.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Obama's speech was fucking powerful though. Looked like a dad disappointed in his kids rather than angry at them and that's always worse.
Obama's just exasperated at having to give the same speech like 20 times a year.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
America is basically the worst country in the world it must be cursed it's like they built the whole place on top of an indian burial ground or something

duhn duhn duuuuuuuhhhhhhhhnnnnnn!
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Perhaps the world just needs a country to set a really shitty example, just so the rest doesn't follow suit and pass similar laws. Kinda like how Greece serves as a great example of why it's a bad idea for governments to lie about the the size of their public debt, or how the memory of nazi Germany constantly reminds us of why it's probably not a good idea to vote for bigots with fascist tendencies

In a way, you could probably make the case that America's taking a bullet for all of us. Like, every month or so

I guess what I'm trying to say is: thanks guys. One love

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
France has strict gun laws, yet a bunch of people were slaughtered with AK-47s earlier this year. I'm all for keeping guns away from the crazies, but the solution is nowhere near as simple as just taking away the guns. People still use guns to defend themselves more often than they use them to murder people.
I'm more outraged by your drinking laws. 21 to drink? How the fuck does that work? How can you drive a car or join the military before you can have a drink? You guys are fucked up.
Quote by GFraser
France has strict gun laws, yet a bunch of people were slaughtered with AK-47s earlier this year. I'm all for keeping guns away from the crazies, but the solution is nowhere near as simple as just taking away the guns. People still use guns to defend themselves more often than they use them to murder people.

The UK has had much stricter gun laws since the Hungerford massacre made semi-automatic rifles illegal. In the (almost) 30 years since, there have been 0 mass shootings with semi-automatic rifles.

The laws on handguns were tightened following the Dunblane massacre, 9 years later. Mass shootings involving handguns since then, 0.

How does gun control not work?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by GFraser

Thing is, that in France it happens once in so many years. In America it happens, even acccounting for differences in size, soooo much more. I don't even remember us ever having a school shooting here.

We had a guy drive into a crowd, and a police man shooting up some people a few years ago, but never a school shooting.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Odd that you use the word cursed.
I was watching some thing on TV yesterday about the Hope Diamond.
Everybody that owned it was supposedly cursed and died horrible deaths or had really, really bad luck.
That thought actually occurred to me when I was watching it.
Its in the Smithsonian now, which is run by the US government.
Quote by CodeMonk
Odd that you use the word cursed.
I was watching some thing on TV yesterday about the Hope Diamond.
Everybody that owned it was supposedly cursed and died horrible deaths or had really, really bad luck.
That thought actually occurred to me when I was watching it.
Its in the Smithsonian now, which is run by the US government.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
duhn duhn duuuuuuuhhhhhhhhnnnnnn!
Quote by slapsymcdougal
How does gun control not work?

like i keep saying to everyone else who thinks the issue is so easily resolved:

have you seen the state of this country? do you see how people act? we have assholes running around right now that are technically within their rights to stand in public spaces with guns for no other reason than to prove how much of a pedantic, inconsiderate asshole they can be.

there are way too many factors in play in the US for this to have any easy fix. there's a mindset when it comes to gun ownership that's going to cause problems. there's the number of guns available. there's the size and population.

but that's fine. carry on oversimplifying the issue and ignoring the fact that the US and UK/EU are different places with different sociopolitical etc climates.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo

have you seen the state of this country? do you see how people act? we have assholes running around right now that are technically within their rights to stand in public spaces with guns for no other reason than to prove how much of a pedantic, inconsiderate asshole they can be.

there are way too many factors in play in the US for this to have any easy fix. there's a mindset when it comes to gun ownership that's going to cause problems. there's the number of guns available. there's the size and population.

but that's fine. carry on oversimplifying the issue and ignoring the fact that the US and UK/EU are different places with different sociopolitical etc climates.

http://shootingtracker.com/wiki/Mass_Shootings_in_2015

I see 294 mass shootings this year. That's more than one a day.

And you'd rather bitch about "oh, things are different" than make any sort of attempt to change things.

The world should achieve nuclear disarmament by using all the nukes on the US.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I swear we had this exact same thread just a few weeks ago.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
I swear we had this exact same thread just a few weeks ago.

It probably had something to do with ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING in the glorious US of A. Home of the freedom to get shot.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by WCPhils
I never understand this argument when it's brought up seriously. It's not like they're accidentally shooting up schools.

i swear officer my finger slipped !!!

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by slapsymcdougal
It probably had something to do with ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING in the glorious US of A. Home of the freedom to get shot.

Yeah that's a given but I mean the wording of the OP was exactly the same I think.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by slapsymcdougal
http://shootingtracker.com/wiki/Mass_Shootings_in_2015

I see 294 mass shootings this year. That's more than one a day.

And you'd rather bitch about "oh, things are different" than make any sort of attempt to change things.

The world should achieve nuclear disarmament by using all the nukes on the US.

i'm not saying we shouldn't attempt to make a change, but the whole acting like it's an easily resolved issue routine from some people has gotten a bit tired. every single time a gun-related issue comes up involving the US, there's the same old "duh, take da guns away. problem solved." shit.

if it really were that simple, i think you geniuses would be getting paid for those bright ideas.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i'm not saying we shouldn't attempt to make a change, but the whole acting like it's an easily resolved issue routine from some people has gotten a bit tired. every single time a gun-related issue comes up involving the US, there's the same old "duh, take da guns away. problem solved." shit.

if it really were that simple, i think you geniuses would be getting paid for those bright ideas.

The idea of organ transplant is pretty simple. Actually performing the necessary surgery is, I suspect, beyond the combined ability of EVERYONE on this site combined.

That doesn't make it impossible.

Gun control is a simple solution to America's mass shooting problem. Implementing the solution may not be easy, but it's not impossible.

PULL YOUR FINGERS OUT OF YOUR COLLECTIVE ASS, AMERICA. You're making the rest of the human race look bad/worse.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by jakesmellspoo

That's a total cop out.....

What is so different about the US vs any other country? Your constitution has it's 2nd Amendment, but pretty much every other country in the world has the right to bear arms given to them by virtue of Common Law.

Australia went through a "gun buyback" scheme in 1996 following the Port Arthur massacre, has it eliminated gun violence? No. Has it drastically reduced the amount of incidents of violence where guns were involved, yes.

However, at the time, it was a massive political issue. Lots of people were protesting in the same manner that many people do in the US at the moment (e.g. "It's our right", "We need it for protection" etc), however, nearly 20 years later, Australia has some of the lowest rates of gun violence in the world.

People will change, just don't expect it to happen overnight.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by slapsymcdougal
PULL YOUR FINGERS OUT OF YOUR COLLECTIVE ASS, AMERICA. You're making the rest of the human race look bad/worse.

Don't worry, they'll look like saints once I get my army of biologically powered drones in the air!
Need to get my hands on a shitload of ducks first, as I've just discovered that chickens don't actually fly that well and therefore can't really provide any lift...
In the near future i will happily obtain my conceal to carry license and will purchase my first pistol and eventually get a shotgun and an assault rifle so you guys can suck a fat one lol
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !