We’re going to be funnier. We’re going to be sexier. We’re going to be better at expressing loving sentiment

Nice! Maybe there's a chance I'll finally be at least slightly funny, sexy and good at expressing loving sentiment.
I was looking at this guy's wikipedia article the other day and the shit he describes happening in the distant future is nuts. We'll upload our consciousness into computers, our intelligence and "artificial" intelligence will be indistinguishable, and we'll start colonizing the galaxy turning any matter we find into more computers.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ultimate-slash
Nice! Maybe there's a chance I'll finally be at least slightly funny, sexy and good at expressing loving sentiment.

Something is better than nothing
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Something is better than nothing

Perhaps, but the differential will remain, and he'll still be less funny, sexy and skilled at expressing loving sentiment than the average.

So, left hand side of the bell curve, just like me /wrists
Quote by ultimate-slash
Left hand side is best hand side!

It feels kind of like someone else.

And if i lie on it until it goes to sleep, it's practically indistinguishable.

compared to a handjob from a girl who hasn't got a fucking clue how to give a handjob, anyway
Quote by slapsymcdougal
compared to a handjob from a girl who hasn't got a fucking clue how to give a handjob, anyway

I've never had a satisfactory handjob.....every time it's always felt like they were trying to rip my dick off
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
I've never had a satisfactory handjob.....every time it's always felt like they were trying to rip my dick off

Just remember that the next time a girl complains about your fingerblasting technique.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I was looking at this guy's wikipedia article the other day and the shit he describes happening in the distant future is nuts. We'll upload our consciousness into computers, our intelligence and "artificial" intelligence will be indistinguishable, and we'll start colonizing the galaxy turning any matter we find into more computers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Kurzweil

Reading now, this guy is pretty awesome

Quote by ultimate-slash
Left hand side is best hand side!

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Just remember that the next time a girl complains about your fingerblasting technique.

No complaints yet
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
No complaints yet

Well, get back to us after you fingerblast a girl.

Just remember to wash your hands before going to bed.
I'm reading his book The Singularity is Near for research.

People tend to think of technology as a linear progression. Kurzweil basically looks at a ton of patterns then makes patterns from those patterns. He maps a lot of technological leaps and makes some cool predictions. It's like how people thought mapping the human genome would take a hundred years. They were thinking at the technological rate of today. The thing is, our rate of progression has a rate of progression. Our computer technology got much better, allowing us to continue making even better computers. The project was finished in a matter of years compared to decades
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Kurzweil is a genius, and a lunatic, and a visionary, and a nutjob.

I like him.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Kurzweil is a genius, and a lunatic, and a visionary, and a nutjob.

I like him.

I think that is the best description of him I've ever seen. Like, he says some crazy bullshit things, but he has to come up with incredible things to get there. He talks about the Singularity and super-intelligent machines, but then goes on to say we'll eventually start to saturate the universe with super-intelligent energy (brain upload data and shit), essentially making the universe conscious.

I've been getting into transhumanism like crazy recently, and Kurzweil is one of those batshit crazy geniuses that helped start a movement.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I'm reading his book The Singularity is Near for research.

People tend to think of technology as a linear progression. Kurzweil basically looks at a ton of patterns then makes patterns from those patterns. He maps a lot of technological leaps and makes some cool predictions. It's like how people thought mapping the human genome would take a hundred years. They were thinking at the technological rate of today. The thing is, our rate of progression has a rate of progression. Our computer technology got much better, allowing us to continue making even better computers. The project was finished in a matter of years compared to decades

would you say that our rate of progression's rate of progression is proportional to the amount of progression progressed so far?