im looking for a decent guitar tuner, sold all my stuff so looking to buy again. it needs to not turn itself off after say 10 mins and also be able to be clicked on and let the sound through and not mute the sound, i like to use the tuner to see how close my bends are as im rubbish at bends, only play at home anyway.

was thinking about upgrading the pickups in my epi lp as they are not great not sure what to get though? amp is a marshal sl5, music i play is normaly rock with a wee bit of pantera

thanks
Last edited by scottish nutter at Oct 2, 2015,
Tuner: i'd get a korg pitchblack for sure, i used to have one and it was a great bit of kit. Sadly i needed cash more than i needed the pedal at the time and sold it, i now have a korg pitchclip tuner and thats also great!

As for pickups i dont really know, but someone that is willing to help will probably also want to know your budget. If it's tight, try axesrus.co.uk pickups, i bought a set of their blues tubes for a strat i was doing up ages ago and they sounded beautiful.
Axesrus humbucker link: http://www.axesrus.co.uk/Pickups-s/1848.htm
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
The snark digital tuner is the one that works the best and can clip on the top of your guitar and will always be there when you need it.

http://www.amazon.com/Snark-SN1-Guitar-Tuner/dp/B00IFHCOUO

Quote by scottish nutter
im looking for a decent guitar tuner, sold all my stuff so looking to buy again. it needs to not turn itself off after say 10 mins and also be able to be clicked on and let the sound through and not mute the sound, i like to use the tuner to see how close my bends are as im rubbish at bends, only play at home anyway.

was thinking about upgrading the pickups in my epi lp as they are not great not sure what to get though? amp is a marshal sl5, music i play is normaly rock with a wee bit of pantera

thanks
Quote by Dempsey68
Tuner: i'd get a korg pitchblack for sure, i used to have one and it was a great bit of kit. Sadly i needed cash more than i needed the pedal at the time and sold it, i now have a korg pitchclip tuner and thats also great!

As for pickups i dont really know, but someone that is willing to help will probably also want to know your budget. If it's tight, try axesrus.co.uk pickups, i bought a set of their blues tubes for a strat i was doing up ages ago and they sounded beautiful.
Axesrus humbucker link: http://www.axesrus.co.uk/Pickups-s/1848.htm

Also worth looking at are IronGear. I've got a set of... I forget what, on my Epi LP. At the time, I was looking for something hotter. Think they might be Hot Slags or something. And I put a set of Alchemist 90's on a kit build, and I'm really liking them, too.

Neither the Axesrus or the IronGear break the bank - IIRC they both sit around the £50/pair mark.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Boss TU-3. Accurate, tracks fast, tracks low notes well, durable & rugged.

Pickups, I'd get a DiMarzio Super Distortion / PAF Pro combo.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The Pitchblack, while being very good, will always mute the sound. Apart from rack tuners, the only one I know of that won't is the Fender one. Well, apart from clip ons, of course.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I saw some guy in a video explaining his pedalboard, he had a Polytune pedal that was working without blocking the sound because the guy used a Y-cable: one was going to the Polytune (so nothing was plugged into the output of the tuner) and the other to the rest of his pedals.
Guitars: Music Man JP7 2009 (piezo) and JP6 2013, Fender Stratocaster US 1991
Anything but a clip on tuner. Useless piece of crap no matter made by who or technology. Nothing beats direct signal from pickups.
Guitar Fetish tuners are awesome, it has lasted me years, is pretty darn accurate, and has all the features a kord etc does at less price. i will admit, its lower quality, but again, it does it job very well and has lasted me years so i dont find the need to pay teh difference. the GFS also has a bigger and brighter screen than most on the market.

it can mute / tune silently or allow you to tune with sound either way. does drop tuning, adjusts for pitch and flats, etc. good box!
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
As far as pickups, I would recommend the Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck for an open, clear sound that sounds good clean or distorted. For the bridge, the Dimebucker! It is heavy, cutting, and nails Dimebag's tone.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
^ maybe, but he only wants pantera a fraction of the time.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you want less Pantera in your bridge pickup, and more chunk, then I recommend the Custom. They sound great in an LP for everything to basic rock to Pantera and beyond.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan