I've wondered that myself, but I'm not sure it would actually make that much difference?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
No, I don't think they should. They also shouldn't post the stats like some CoD end screen with K/D/A

Also this is the worst thing I've seen regarding all this shite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5U_XD4kDJ4
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
No, I don't think they should. They also shouldn't post the stats like some CoD end screen with K/D/A

Also this is the worst thing I've seen regarding all this shite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5U_XDkDJ4

that's pretty obviously edited to make her look worse than she was on the broadcast, plus a sheriff and a news reporter hold two completely jobs so obviously they're gonna act differently
The news should report more stuff about them. Like the police should also release any dick pics they'd ever taken.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
They already reported who the shooter was and what he looks like
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
The news should aim to show as much good as bad, instead of showing awful stuff just for ratings. its about the news and local stories, not ad revenue.
Quote by -tempest-
The news should aim to show as much good as bad, instead of showing awful stuff just for ratings. its about the news and local stories, not ad revenue.

what are some examples of a good news story you'd want to see? I helped an old guy carry some bags off the bus a few days ago, should I have gotten a local news story?
Quote by Arby911
I've wondered that myself, but I'm not sure it would actually make that much difference?

There has to be some level of narcissistic satisfaction. They get to kill themselves but live on in some form. It's a life after death that has no responsibility or consequences.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
it's complicated. I think the easy answer is yes, report on them (we need to understand who does this and why in order to get the complete picture and prevent it) but don't do anything that could be seen as glorifying it or giving it excess attention at all. the problem is of course just by reporting on the people at all, they're getting some sort of attention for it.
Quote by genghisgandhi
what are some examples of a good news story you'd want to see? I helped an old guy carry some bags off the bus a few days ago, should I have gotten a local news story?

Well, a good news story in Wales would be "shepherd goes a week without fucking one of his sheep, and he hasn't even had his dick cut off", so yours should qualify.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by BladeSlinger
There has to be some level of narcissistic satisfaction. They get to kill themselves but live on in some form. It's a life after death that has no responsibility or consequences.

I don't doubt that perhaps some of them feel that way, but I've seen no real evidence that the desire for infamy/notoriety is a primary motivator for these people?

There's a pretty decent article linked elsewhere that suggests something along those lines, but it seems it's a pretty tenuous conclusion.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
I don't doubt that perhaps some of them feel that way, but I've seen no real evidence that the desire for infamy/notoriety is a primary motivator for these people?

this guy said one of the reasons he did it was because that Virginia guy got all over the news for killing that news team. he did it on live TV for the sole purpose of notoriety
Quote by genghisgandhi
this guy said one of the reasons he did it was because that Virginia guy got all over the news for killing that news team. he did it on live TV for the sole purpose of notoriety

Hence the "some"?
Charles Darwin
no, duh
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I think it would be kind of strange if they didn't report the names to be honest. We should probably know who did it and why. But just because they say their name doesn't mean they have to basically glorify them.

Their faces get plastered everywhere. It's impossible to avoid. I don't know if this makes a differences, but I think there has to be some sort of connection. Like if you're this gigantic loser who wants his "15 minutes of fame", what's a good way to make it so people always remember?

I don't know, I really have nosources backing me that I know of.

I also just really don't want to see them everywhere. They're pieces of shit.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Oct 2, 2015,
Quote by WCPhils
I think it would be kind of strange if they didn't report the names to be honest. We should probably know who did it and why. But just because they say their name doesn't mean they have to basically glorify them.

Their faces get plastered everywhere. It's impossible to avoid. I don't know if this makes a differences, but I think there has to be some sort of connection. Like if you're this gigantic loser who wants his "15 minutes of fame", what's a good way to make it so people always remember?

I don't know, I really have nosources backing me that I know of.

I also just really don't want to see them everywhere. They're pieces of shit.

TBH, they should report it - it's an event that will have effects far beyond the immediate victims, after all.

They just need to report it differently. 24 hour news channels that need something - ANYTHIIIIIIIIIING - to fill their massive allocation of airtime, and also make sure that other news media has to keep up with them and their fucking pointless details(because they need something new for the 3:45am bulletin, GODDAMN IT!) demands that every pointless detail be brought into focus.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33620398
TBH, they should report it - it's an event that will have effects far beyond the immediate victims, after all.

They just need to report it differently. 24 hour news channels that need something - ANYTHIIIIIIIIIING - to fill their massive allocation of airtime, and also make sure that other news media has to keep up with them and their fucking pointless details(because they need something new for the 3:45am bulletin, GODDAMN IT!) demands that every pointless detail be brought into focus.
Agreed. I don't really remember a time before we had thirty 24 hour news channels, but I would have to think they just didn't have time to talk about them as much. If they had to talk about some tragedy it's not like they were spending an hour talking about the killer with his face in the corner of the screen the entire time, while reading his manifesto or whatever. It's become ridiculous.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I think just refer to them as the shooter, say what they shot up people for and maybe who was killed (if the people close to the victims are okay with it). Gender, race and age seem to make a bias, "troubled youth" for example
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
Quote by Ablast at #33620410
I think just refer to them as the shooter, say what they shot up people for and maybe who was killed (if the people close to the victims are okay with it). Gender, race and age seem to make a bias, "troubled youth" for example

Or "beta male"
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by WCPhils
Agreed. I don't really remember a time before we had thirty 24 hour news channels, but I would have to think they just didn't have time to talk about them as much. If they had to talk about some tragedy it's not like they were spending an hour talking about the killer with his face in the corner of the screen the entire time, while reading his manifesto or whatever. It's become ridiculous.

I can remember Sky News being the only 24 hour TV news channel in the UK.
Quote by Diemon Dave