Just want to talk about my pedal board and see if people have any ideas to improve it or any other pedals that might help .

pedals are in this order guitar - oc - dis- sparkle booster - looper in to the front of the amp . My amp also has clean and a dirty channel with built in reverb .

This seems to work ok when used with the clean channel and I use the sparkle booster to boost oc or dis for solos . I find when all pedals are off the clean and dirt channel on the amp is to low to use . I also found if I use the dirt channel on my amp to loop the sound is not good, so I was thinking of using two loop pedals one in front to use with pedals and one in the fx loop in the amp to loop of the amp dirt channel .
You know that you can't use two independent looper's at the same time as they wont synchronise.

You could perhaps use a stereo looper with A out going clean and B out going dirty and use an ABY pedal on the looper input.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
Quote by dazzzer30
I find when all pedals are off the clean and dirt channel on the amp is to low to use.
Your pedals are adding too much volume, then. Unless you purposely never want the amp dry. If you want just the amp volume to be around where the pedals are, turn down the volume of the od and distortion. You could probably leave the Spark Booster where it is at. In fact, you might like the Spark Booster in the effects loop of your amp, it will give more of a volume boost that way.
Quote by dazzzer30
I also found if I use the dirt channel on my amp to loop the sound is not good, so I was thinking of using two loop pedals one in front to use with pedals and one in the fx loop in the amp to loop of the amp dirt channel.
If you put the looper pedal in the effects loop of the amp, you can loop both clean and dirt channel sounds along with the pedals.
Quote by dazzzer30
Just want to talk about my pedal board and see if people have any ideas to improve it or any other pedals that might help.
You might like delay and reverb. You can try out some Behringer units to see if you like them.
Last edited by Will Lane at Oct 3, 2015,
This is my portable pedalboard setup (the distortion is new add-on, it replaced Dark Matter)

TC Electronic Mojo Mojo (OD)
Digitech DOD Boneshaker (Distortion)
TC Electronic Gravy (chorus/ tremolo)
Digitech Polara (reverb)
Digitech Obscura (Delay).

in a larger pedalboard.. wah wah, noise gate, booster, OD, Distortion, chorus, reverb, phaser, envelop filter, fuzz, delay, compressor. some are optional (wah wah, noise gate, phaser, envelop filter).
Quote by psp742
This is my portable pedalboard setup (the distortion is new add-on, it replaced Dark Matter)

TC Electronic Mojo Mojo (OD)
Digitech DOD Boneshaker (Distortion)
TC Electronic Gravy (chorus/ tremolo)
Digitech Polara (reverb)
Digitech Obscura (Delay).

in a larger pedalboard.. wah wah, noise gate, booster, OD, Distortion, chorus, reverb, phaser, envelop filter, fuzz, delay, compressor. some are optional (wah wah, noise gate, phaser, envelop filter).
Nice board you have there - Just wondering are you running anything in to the fx loop . I put my looper pedal and booster pedal in the fx loop and it seems to be working better .
I'm lazy, so I run them in front of the amp.. The Randall RX120D amp head has FX loop, clean and high gain but it's 120-watts, the speaker cab is bulky and heavy.. So I'm using Peavey Envoy 110 (40-watts) with 12" speaker mod.. Sometimes I use 2 delays (front and FX loop). Ideally, flanger, envelope filter, fuzz, phaser are in FX.. I rarely use noise gate because I can't seem to dial it in correctly (kill most of the tone and sound), while I prefer placing compressor at the end of the chain, behind the delay..

BTW, do you follow a suggested pedal chain guide.. I always thought booster was suppose to be in front of OD.
Last edited by psp742 at Oct 4, 2015,
Quote by dazzzer30
Nice board you have there - Just wondering are you running anything in to the fx loop . I put my looper pedal and booster pedal in the fx loop and it seems to be working better .

I've never thought of putting my boost in the fx loop. What do you find is better with it in there?
Quote by esky15
I've never thought of putting my boost in the fx loop. What do you find is better with it in there?

for me it seems to give a better boost in volume to the amps built in clean and dirt channels . And still gives a boosts to my pedals .
hmmm... i never thought of placing a booster in FX loop.. i always followed the suggested pedal chain.. Start with Tuner, Wah-Wah [you can interchange the first two], Booster (lead/increase volume), Overdrive, Distortion, Chorus (optional), Reverb, Delay, Compressor (optional) => front of amp (FX Loop out) modulation pedals, delay (optional) (FX Loop in)..

Guys, can someone clarify if what i said is correct or not? modulation pedals in FX loop.
you don't need the modulation in the FX loop, its just 1 way to do it.

What I found works best is to set your clean amp volume to the playing level, then set you dirty amp volume to your clean amp level, then set your other pedals to the right drive level but match your Clean amp volume.

then set your boost to boost the volume of them all.

this way, when all pedals are off - you have a same / similar volume level.

Keep in mind - those drive / dirt pedals may seem like they are a louder volume, but that could be just the drive/dirt kicking in.

It works for me.
Fender HRD - LTD.
Epi Les Paul 100 series Lefty w/ SD HRD
Fender Mexi Tele - Lefty
Martin D45 lefty
BlueRidge BR- 160 - 12 Lefty
Ditto X2 Looper
Ibanez TS-9, FL 301('79)
MXR Carbon Copy, COMP
Fulltone OCD
EB VP Jr.